Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 02-22-2009, 03:12 PM   #1
witch_moon
witch_moon began at the beginning.

Device: cybook Gen3
help, SD card problem

Hi,

i have problem with my SD card. It's error, when i paste a lot of file in there. I only leave my computer for 10 minute when the paste run. Then suddenly a message show up :

"The disk (SD card) in drive F is not formatted.Do you want to format it now ? "

i also tried to put it at my Cybook gen3, the SD card icon didn't show up.

So was wrong with my SD card ? if i must format it, can someone send me a system folder in SD card ? or it will automatic created when my format SD card plugged in my cybook gen3 ?

i bought this sd card with my cybook. It have 3 system folder there ( ebook, music, picture )
witch_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 05:13 AM   #2
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
For what it is worth I had problems with the original SD card bought with the Cybook - or at least the problems I was having went away when I bought a new SD card.

If my memory serves me rightly the folders will automatically be generated when you insert the SD card and turn the Cybook on by the system folder on the Cybook itself; so far as I know the folders on the SD cards do not contain system files, they are just for storage.

I hope this helps.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2009, 05:51 AM   #3
witch_moon
witch_moon began at the beginning.

Device: cybook Gen3
I formatted my sd card and did what you said. It's works !!!

1. the sd card icon show up in my cybook gen3.
2. The folders automatically generated when i insert my sd card and turn the cybook on. I check it at my computer. It already have 3 folder

I also try my new sd card. It works too

Thanks a lot Alex
i can use my cybook again now
witch_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:20 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Very often SD cards don't seem to be supplied with a very "reliable" format. It's always a good idea to reformat the card yourself before you start to use it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:44 AM   #5
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
you might even find you do not need to use the sd card .... (except for upgrades of course)
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert