Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 02-06-2012, 02:11 PM   #1
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
I'm a convert. I love my NT!

I used to think that I was the type of reader that really enjoyed the smell and feel of "real" books and would never enjoy using any sort of ereader. Then my wife got me a Kindle 3 for Christmas 2010. I fell in love with it instantly and never looked back.

Then, when the Nook Color came out, and later the Kindle Fire and the Nook Tablet, new prejudices arose. I only liked eink readers, not those silly old LCD based ereader tablets. Then my wife got me a Nook Tablet for Christmas 2011. I instantly fell in love with my new toy for reading comics, watching videos, playing games and just general use; but not for reading novels. I could never read novels on this device with it's LCD screen that's hard on the eyes with its relatively short battery life. Now I've finally turned 180 degrees again and given up my final prejudice, after starting to read my latest novel on my NT, I have to say, I love my NT for everything, including reading novels.

This is an awesome little device and I can't say enough good about it. Now my wife has one and it's rare that one, if not both of us doesn't have them in our hands.

Thanks Sweetheart!

- Byron
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:30 PM   #2
eSheri
Addict
eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3G, Sony 350, Kindle Fire HD, iPad Mini
Good to hear! Though it would make sense for me to get the Blackberry Playbook, and even though the Kindle Fire is cheaper, my gut instincts says to go with the Nook Tablet! Glad to hear you're enjoying it! I may cave in in a couple weeks and join you!
eSheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2012, 03:45 PM   #3
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by eSheri View Post
Good to hear! Though it would make sense for me to get the Blackberry Playbook, and even though the Kindle Fire is cheaper, my gut instincts says to go with the Nook Tablet! Glad to hear you're enjoying it! I may cave in in a couple weeks and join you!
I've always been a fan of Amazon and I love the Kindle readers but, when comparing the NT to the Fire, there was no comparison for me. The fact that the NT ships with twice as much memory and has an SD slot, where the Kindle has none was all it took. This fact alone was worth the extra $50 to me.

The main thing is that I had to root it in order to really unlock it's potential. Compared to the full Android Marketplace, the B&N app store offers an embarrassingly small number of apps and charges more for them, many of which are less expensive or even free on the Android Marketplace.

On a more superficial note, the fact that the NT is a much nicer looking device, at least to me, was just icing on the cake.

- Byron

Last edited by bfollowell; 02-07-2012 at 03:48 PM.
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:50 PM   #4
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfollowell View Post
The fact that the NT ships with twice as much memory and has an SD slot, where the Kindle has none was all it took. This fact alone was worth the extra $50 to me.
Not to mention Netflix HD, that makes a hell of a difference.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:59 PM   #5
eSheri
Addict
eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3G, Sony 350, Kindle Fire HD, iPad Mini
Byron, I never thought about using the fact that is has more memory and an SD slot to justify the extra $50! Netflix HD??!! Uh ohhhh.....
eSheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2012, 04:59 PM   #6
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
I feel the same way about my Nook Color! I got it and thought, "well this will be a cool toy, and it's better for PDFs and illustrated stuff than my Sony." But I love it for novels too! I use it in bed almost every night.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:45 PM   #7
weltonsfancy
Enthusiast
weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet
Have had my NT for about 9 mo now. Wanted an eReader since local library was offering eBooks. Also gave my laptop to sis-in-law since only used on vac. I love the NT. I borrow from library, buy at B&N, Kobo etc. Also any site having free ebooks. I recently started using Calibre and find it helpful.
I find for reading I dim the light some as it was too bright. But best of all when on vac I use my NT to check email, facebook and surf the web. Most of the time the web is turned off to extend the battery life.
weltonsfancy is offline   Reply With Quote