Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 09:09 PM   #271
WarGhSt
WarGhSt began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
RE: Change Wikipedia/Google search lookup targets

Quote:
Originally Posted by -mem-00- View Post
Hi Morkl,

I just bought a PRS-T1, and looking forward the enhanced homescreen/reader as soon as the latest is out.

Was wondering if you or another device guru could find a way to change the lookup targets when looking for a word, e.g. searching using any other wiki (of the wikia sort) in place of the official wikipedia.

The idea behind is the following: when I'm reading a book on a specific topic, It could be helpful to search not wikipedia but the most complete wiki available on this topic (e.g. looking for Shub-Niggurath, Aegon Targaryen, Feyd-Rautha Harkonnen in a specific universe wiki, same goes for historical time period, etc..)

If possible, and depending what information are available to the engine making the request, I've got a lot of other suggestions on how to select the target

Thanks for your time and the wonderful work with the homescreen.

Cheers.
Mem
This is a fantastic idea. I'd love to be able to do that!
Old 05-17-2012, 05:43 AM   #272
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Glo HD (2x), Kobo Glo
I hope that I can get my little clock back at the bottom of the page, I hope that version is coming out soon ( and in Dutch ) until now I didn't rooted the device and I understand I don't have to, to get the modified screens.
For future, I hope there comes an option to completely shut down the dictionary, if you now want to mark something at the bottom of a page, the dictionary pops over it and you can't see what you mark.
Advert
Old 05-17-2012, 06:52 AM   #273
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_1964 View Post
... if you now want to mark something at the bottom of a page, the dictionary pops over it and you can't see what you mark.
The trick to marking something at the bottom of a page is to long-press the first word of the selection and DO NOT let go. When you start to drag the selection the dictionary pop-up will disappear and you can see where you are dragging. As soon as you let go the dictionary pops back up so you have to get it right with the first drag.

Alternatively, a more long-winded option is to temporarily change the font size so that the text you want to highlight is no londer at the bottom of the page.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:12 AM   #274
rdijkmans
rdijkmans began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-T1
Connecting to the network...

I'm wondering if anyone every found a package / class that brings the WiFi out of standby (for 5 minutes). I know the browser does that when it tries to get to a page or refreshes it. However, I haven't found a way of creating a button that does the same in homemod.xml...

Anyone that did find how to do that?
Old 05-17-2012, 10:09 PM   #275
Mear
Mear began at the beginning.

Device: looking for the perfect one
I just installed this today, no hassle, and I love it. Might be I'm just confused from working night, but my home screen doesn't look quite like the example in the first post though - I still have the "recently added" on top. Was it changed back on purpose, or is there something I can do to get rid of it?

Edit: I'm sorry, I really am confused. I meant New Delivery, not Recently Added.

Last edited by Mear; 05-17-2012 at 10:11 PM.
Advert
Old 05-17-2012, 10:38 PM   #276
mavek
mavek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mavek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mavek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mavek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mavek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mavek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mavek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mavek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mavek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mavek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mavek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook
maybe is not the right place to ask but is there a way to install this launcher on a nook simple touch? The eBookLauncher project seems not to be updated anymore
Old 05-21-2012, 01:58 AM   #277
jmseight
Zealot
jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 3G, Kindle Touch 3G, iRiver Story HD, Sony Reader
Hi,

I installed this last week and it is a great mod.

One thing I noticed is the Music and Pictures are no longer there.

I made this the default when I hit HOME. How do I change it back so I can select which one when I hit HOME? Also, is there instruction on how to get Pictures and Music on this?

Thanks,
James
Old 05-21-2012, 07:04 AM   #278
pietro
Enthusiast
pietro began at the beginning.

Device: prs-t1, kobo auraHD
two versions - do they differ?

Hi I have put on my rooted T1 the Morkl homescreem of 2012-01-22 and am happy with it.
I have seen that on 04-15-2012 Morkl uploaded a second version of the modified homescreen. What are the differences with the one I have? It's not clear to me if there is a change log.
It is not clear to me if this is a provisional one and I should wait for a definitive version or not.
Thanks
Old 05-24-2012, 12:33 PM   #279
Morkl
Connoisseur
Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.

Device: PRS-T1
Hi all!

Moving again = no computer setup at home, only able to fiddle with this at work after hours

Still no success with the installer -- anyone up for running a test version to verify that my device is causing the trouble? I might just have to release it and trust that it works on other devices than mine...

I have taken a look at quisvir's clock code and made some modifications of my own, so a configurable (left/right/none) clock will be available in the coming Reader version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_1964 View Post
I hope that I can get my little clock back at the bottom of the page, I hope that version is coming out soon ( and in Dutch ) until now I didn't rooted the device and I understand I don't have to, to get the modified screens.
For future, I hope there comes an option to completely shut down the dictionary, if you now want to mark something at the bottom of a page, the dictionary pops over it and you can't see what you mark.
Clock will be available in the coming Reader release, thanks to quisvir's experiments

I haven't learned much about how the dictionary and dictionary popup works yet, but it is definitely an interesting thing to play around with (configurable search engines, custom dictionary apps, context based selection of available choices etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietro View Post
Hi I have put on my rooted T1 the Morkl homescreem of 2012-01-22 and am happy with it.
I have seen that on 04-15-2012 Morkl uploaded a second version of the modified homescreen. What are the differences with the one I have? It's not clear to me if there is a change log.
It is not clear to me if this is a provisional one and I should wait for a definitive version or not.
Thanks
The upload from april is just the Reader (there have been no changes to the Homescreen since the last upload on SourceForge), and it doesn't have the clock or an installer (I want to have an installer that works before I release it for real).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmseight View Post
Hi,

I installed this last week and it is a great mod.

One thing I noticed is the Music and Pictures are no longer there.

I made this the default when I hit HOME. How do I change it back so I can select which one when I hit HOME? Also, is there instruction on how to get Pictures and Music on this?

Thanks,
James
In homemod.xml, put <item>app_audio</item> and <item>app_picture</item> in the sections you want the Music and Pictures buttons respectively.

Default apps can be cleared from the Android Settings menu or by rerunning the installer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mear View Post
I just installed this today, no hassle, and I love it. Might be I'm just confused from working night, but my home screen doesn't look quite like the example in the first post though - I still have the "recently added" on top. Was it changed back on purpose, or is there something I can do to get rid of it?

Edit: I'm sorry, I really am confused. I meant New Delivery, not Recently Added.
Do you use Sony's store to buy content and have it automagically delivered to your device? That might interfere with the recently read view -- I don't use the Sony store, so I haven't been able to test it.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:23 PM   #280
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkl View Post
Still no success with the installer -- anyone up for running a test version to verify that my device is causing the trouble? I might just have to release it and trust that it works on other devices than mine...
I can test your new modified reader app on my non-rooted T1, if you tell me how to do it. I'm currently running your January version on Sony firmware 1.0.03.11140.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:20 AM   #281
soseono
Connoisseur
soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle 4, Sony PRS-T1 (formerly PRS-500 & 505), iPad Air
Quote:
Another volunteer tester here The April version has been working well so far. Have you implemented the Original style css fix? The clock feature sounds very promising as well.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:57 AM   #282
log
log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I can test also.

I'm currently running latest firmware still have not installed the January release, will hold off until the new package is ready.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:51 PM   #283
HANZ
HANZ began at the beginning.

Any news on the progress Morkl? We are patiently waiting
Old 06-22-2012, 01:54 PM   #284
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HANZ View Post
Any news on the progress Morkl? We are patiently waiting
Work on the home screen or the reader app?
Old 06-24-2012, 07:39 AM   #285
Zeno_
Zeno_ began at the beginning.

Thumbs up Great initiative & pledges

Quote:
I'm working on customizing the PRS-T1 in a different way than the SonyPrsT1Home project; instead of creating a new home screen I'm modifying the stock one (also: other stock Sony apps).

The fact that this mod is able to change the Store button in something else is the main reason why I will be getting a PRS-T1! Can't wait to see your updates to this project and others.

If I were you I would let users pledge on features they would like to see you making. This way your efforts will be even more worthwhile.

Last edited by Zeno_; 06-24-2012 at 07:43 AM.
Closed Thread