Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-17-2011, 10:30 AM   #16
trevgriff
Zealot
trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini - Main Reader (iPad 3 backup, iPhone 4s back to my backup)
From Sony support.

Reser button then power button. At the start screen press and hold the previous button (far left) and the return button (2nd from right) until 5-8 seconds after home screen comes up

Situation solved.
trevgriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:33 AM   #17
feenix1363
Lost and clueless
feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Glo, Kindle for Andriod, Kobo for Android
Thanks for posting back. You just know that this will come up again.
feenix1363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2011, 12:27 PM   #18
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Thanks for posting the solution. Did you lose all your content, or was it still there?
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 12:32 PM   #19
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
A hard reset certainly shouldn't erase content.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 12:43 PM   #20
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Similar instructions to get out of demo mode on previous models have warned that it will reset to factory settings and delete all content. That's why I am curious one way or the other.
Advert
Old 10-17-2011, 11:14 PM   #21
trevgriff
Zealot
trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini - Main Reader (iPad 3 backup, iPhone 4s back to my backup)
I did not lose any of my books. But it doesn't seem to recognize book marks now. Is there s a setting for book marks I'm missing?
trevgriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:47 AM   #22
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast

That's good news! With the old models, a reset could erase your notes and bookmarks, last page read, etc. The T1 is organized different from the old models so I'm not sure how to get them back. You probably need to understand database management from what I've read so far. Hopefully it doesn't happen to you again.
Old 11-19-2011, 05:49 PM   #23
Domas
Enthusiast
Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Sony PRS-505, Elonex (EB600E), Cool-er (EB600EM), Hanvon N516
My rooted T1 was stuck on Demo Mode as well, but this button combination didn't help.

I've fixed it by unrooting it - demo mode was gone. Then you can root again without any problems.
Domas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 04:13 AM   #24
Ashjuk
Fanatic
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 600/650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domas View Post
My rooted T1 was stuck on Demo Mode as well, but this button combination didn't help.

I've fixed it by unrooting it - demo mode was gone. Then you can root again without any problems.
Why would you want to?

Surely you bought the reader to read books on? And the software that comes with readers is more than capable of doing that, well it is on previous models and I'm sure it will be soon for the T1. So what more do you want from it.

If you want a device that does everything why not buy a tablet PC.
Ashjuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:29 PM   #25
Lxuke
Lxuke is kind to children and small, furry animalsLxuke is kind to children and small, furry animalsLxuke is kind to children and small, furry animalsLxuke is kind to children and small, furry animalsLxuke is kind to children and small, furry animalsLxuke is kind to children and small, furry animalsLxuke is kind to children and small, furry animalsLxuke is kind to children and small, furry animalsLxuke is kind to children and small, furry animalsLxuke is kind to children and small, furry animalsLxuke is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashjuk View Post
Why would you want to?

Surely you bought the reader to read books on? And the software that comes with readers is more than capable of doing that, well it is on previous models and I'm sure it will be soon for the T1. So what more do you want from it.

push it to the limit!
Lxuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 06:26 PM   #26
vishcompany
Addict
vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: Gen3(†); PB302(↓); PRS-350; T1; voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domas View Post

My rooted T1 (1.0.03.11140) also just got stuck in Demo Mode.
The above described procedure got me out of it.
vishcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:08 PM   #27
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishcompany View Post
My rooted T1 (1.0.03.11140) also just got stuck in Demo Mode.
The above described procedure got me out of it.
Glad you could fix it. Do you know why it got stuck in Demo? Was it related to being rooted? Just curious if it can happen to anybody and it's possible to be avoided.
Old 12-16-2011, 04:58 AM   #28
Domas
Enthusiast
Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Sony PRS-505, Elonex (EB600E), Cool-er (EB600EM), Hanvon N516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Glad you could fix it. Do you know why it got stuck in Demo? Was it related to being rooted? Just curious if it can happen to anybody and it's possible to be avoided.
I think mine was stuck, after I ran the Demo app (several times) . But I have no idea why these steps did not fix it afterwards.
Domas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 07:04 AM   #29
vishcompany
Addict
vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: Gen3(†); PB302(↓); PRS-350; T1; voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
I don't remember exactly, when it kicked in, but I was checking out a few things in ReLaunch before I noticed, that in the top bar was written "Demo Mode", or somethig alike. wifi was blocked as well as a few other functions. After some minutes of inactivity, the real demo mode started up.

Happy, that I got out of it. The procedure is now also in the wiki page.
vishcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:58 AM   #30
Spinningwoman
Connoisseur
Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashjuk View Post
Why would you want to?
The joy of this is that I can now read ALL my ebooks on one e-ink ereader. I have a huge collection of .pdb books from my Palm O/S days and also over 200 Kindle ebooks. After rooting the PrsT1 I could install the Kindle and Ereader Pro apps and read any of them as well as my ePub format books and library books all on the same device. I had previously bought a Kobo Vox for that very purpose and had considered an iPad but for reading I much prefer e-ink.
Spinningwoman is offline   Reply With Quote