Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-02-2009, 06:18 PM   #1
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
FRY's Electronics lowest price on Astak EZ Reader tomorrow

Dear ALL:

For God's sake, look at the newspaper tomorrow and see the huge FRY's Electronics ad on the Astak EZ Reader BUNDLE BOX. IF it does not say Bundle Box in the ad do not worry... it is the ONLY one FRY's has.!! You WILL get the Bundle Box!! We are generating a $30 rebate for this three day event!! This is your last advance warning on a fabulous price for what many at MobileRead Forum feel is the best and most reliable eBook Reader out there!! It is 14 formats and twenty languages!! Wouldn't you love to buy eBooks from almost any website you choose? Wouldn't you like the best MP3 with equalizer on any eBook Reader? Wouldn't you like a device that is COMPLETE... even has the leather case, ear buds, 2GB SD card, Reader/Writer, 200 free classics, even a wrist leash and screw driver??

This is it, folks!! July 3 thru 5 is Astak EZ Reader days at FRY's Electronics or frys.com!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:16 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Well, I love my Kindle1, but I gotta say............

You do make me want something I neither need nor can justify buying!

I hope everyone out there who is looking for an ebook reader, and wanting a lower price takes advantage of your offer.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:37 PM   #3
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
It's a very good price. But for me, I'll wait another month and get a slightly small screen, with a faster proc, double levels of gray, and SLATE BLUE! All this and abt 20 bucks cheaper.

If not for the Pocket Pro, though, I would definitely order this.
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:28 PM   #4
dmikov
Addict
dmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-books

Device: REB1200; REB2150; Sony 500/350; EZReader; IREX DR800SG; Nook/Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear ALL:

.... eBooks from almost any website you choose? Wouldn't you like the best MP3 with equalizer on any eBook Reader? ....
Dear, RobertB. I love your continuing updates and your blog. But does anybody really care about MP3 equalizer here? On ebook reader site?

You are making your, helpfull at first posts sound more and more like free (for you) advertisement. Leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

P.S. On the other note, not to encourage spam advertising any more I am still ordering my EZ-Reader now. Offer too good to pass. Hope you won't be long with mail-in rebate.
dmikov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 01:46 AM   #5
rixte
Addict
rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: new oasis, paperwhite, ipad, kobo
It looks like the reader is again only available in stores, not online
rixte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 11:39 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Fry's makes the EZ Reader such a turn off. Sorry, but the EZ Reader really needs to be sold in a store that will actually sell to people. I don't live anyplace near a Fry's and they will not ship one. So think of all the lost sales that would generate. Dump Fry's if you want to sell more units.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 11:45 AM   #7
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
I made a special trip to my Fry's store yesterday. The Astak EZ Reader was selling at $259 -- the same as a Sony PRS-505. The clerk could find no evidence of a sale or special price. In fact, he had to remove a price tag of $249 for a promotion that ended on 25 June.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 12:28 PM   #8
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
...July 3 thru 5 is Astak EZ Reader days at FRY's Electronics or frys.com!!
Ooops, this link is broken
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 01:12 PM   #9
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Frys.com doesn't show the EZ Reader; I can't find it through a search for EZReader, ereader (which turns up the Sony), or Astak (which turns up a couple of camera devices).

I can't even figure out which of their thirty-odd little tabs an ebook reader should fall under, and looking at the Sony Reader listing doesn't tell me which category they've placed it in.

(Hm. A few minutes ago, searching for ereader got me the Sony. Now it gets no results. Searching for PRS-505 gets me the lightwedge, but not the reader. Do they not show any results for items they're sold out of? That would seem a poor choice on their part; it makes people believe they *never* carry the item, not that they don't have any in stock.)

Fry's search engine is atrocious and bad for sales.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 01:18 PM   #10
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
Frys.com doesn't show the EZ Reader; I can't find it through a search for EZReader, ereader (which turns up the Sony), or Astak (which turns up a couple of camera devices).

I can't even figure out which of their thirty-odd little tabs an ebook reader should fall under, and looking at the Sony Reader listing doesn't tell me which category they've placed it in.

(Hm. A few minutes ago, searching for ereader got me the Sony. Now it gets no results. Searching for PRS-505 gets me the lightwedge, but not the reader. Do they not show any results for items they're sold out of? That would seem a poor choice on their part; it makes people believe they *never* carry the item, not that they don't have any in stock.)

Fry's search engine is atrocious and bad for sales.
Search on "ebook reader". That will return 3 readers (Sony, EZ Reader & one other).
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 01:31 PM   #11
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Search on "ebook reader". That will return 3 readers (Sony, EZ Reader & one other).
I just did it. One other is jetBook. They also sell Sony 700.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 01:36 PM   #12
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Dear ALL:

For God's sake, look at the newspaper tomorrow and see the huge FRY's Electronics ad on the Astak EZ Reader BUNDLE BOX. IF it does not say Bundle Box in the ad do not worry... it is the ONLY one FRY's has.!! You WILL get the Bundle Box!! We are generating a $30 rebate for this three day event!! This is your last advance warning on a fabulous price for what many at MobileRead Forum feel is the best and most reliable eBook Reader out there!! It is 14 formats and twenty languages!! Wouldn't you love to buy eBooks from almost any website you choose? Wouldn't you like the best MP3 with equalizer on any eBook Reader? Wouldn't you like a device that is COMPLETE... even has the leather case, ear buds, 2GB SD card, Reader/Writer, 200 free classics, even a wrist leash and screw driver??

This is it, folks!! July 3 thru 5 is Astak EZ Reader days at FRY's Electronics or frys.com!!
1. Who is this "we" of which you speak? Do you work for Fry's? And, if so, then tell the folks in marketing there that not having a ship to your home option is a marketing disaster.

2. No, I use my ebook reading devices for READING. The quality of the mp3 matters as much to me as it would in a regular physical book.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 01:45 PM   #13
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I agree. I have MP3 player on my cell phone and jetBook but I NEVER used it. I use Creative Zen 8 GB Portable Media Player (highly recommend it) for MP3 and Video files.
http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Porta...dp/B000UV4EUG/
Old 07-04-2009, 02:27 PM   #14
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
Hi Kris777,
Here's a funny coincidence - I also have, and immensely enjoy, the Creative Zen 8GB player! I use it mostly for audio books, and sometimes for music.

Judging from the jetBook and the Zen, I think that we have similar (and very good) taste!
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 09:32 PM   #15
Kris777
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgeorg View Post
Hi Kris777,
Here's a funny coincidence - I also have, and immensely enjoy, the Creative Zen 8GB player! I use it mostly for audio books, and sometimes for music.

Judging from the jetBook and the Zen, I think that we have similar (and very good) taste!