Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 08-17-2013, 10:44 PM   #1
AlienBZ
AlienBZ began at the beginning.

Device: current: nook, android, etc
NC LCD+digitizer repair - help?

about a month ago I bought several nook color lcd/digitizer assemblies on ebay, the seller was selling them for parts/repair, and since my goal is i'm in school to become a computer/etc tech, i bought these display screens, and I bought them with the understanding that they did not work.

I have asked elsewhere about this ***here***
and **here** as well as ***here***

but so far I've received no replies so far (sigh).

however, i am trying here, as i think this maybe a tablet/e-reader tab hardware forum (did a search on google, found this site), so, if anyone has any info, could you please check out all my links, (since the nature of my questions/problems is hardware repair (Nook Color in this case)) and if you can, answer my questions?

thanks in advance.

attached are my ebay purchases of the last few months towards my goal of tab repair, the 3 nook color lcd/digi's and the tool kit - both saved as pdf's
AlienBZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:18 AM   #2
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
If you understood that these did not work, then why in the world buy them? Just because something is cheap, is not a reason to buy...

Do any of them work? Both parts - screen and digitizer? You may not want to hear this, but you probably won't be able to separate them without destroying the LCD. The LCD is made up of several layers. Even baking it in an oven AND using your heat gun, chances of getting the two parts separated is slim to none. Careful as you can be, the LCD screen will probably split apart. That's just the nature of the glue used and the assembly process they use to put the two parts together.

If any of these work, you might be able to find people that need them. Otherwise, I'm afraid you wasted your money.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:42 PM   #3
AlienBZ
AlienBZ began at the beginning.

Device: current: nook, android, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinp View Post
If you understood that these did not work, then why in the world buy them? Just because something is cheap, is not a reason to buy...
I bought them b/c I thought I would be able to fix them somehow. Maybe I made a mistake buying them (sigh).

But really, why would people sell electronics (like these LCD's) on ebay if they did not work?

EDIT - so what do I do with them now - toss them in the trash (this would make me feel a bit terrible, as I don't like to waste electronics. printer cartridges/paper, yes, but electronics, not if I can help it)?

Isn't there some way to get my money's worth somehow out of them even if they don't work?

Last edited by AlienBZ; 08-30-2013 at 07:47 PM.
AlienBZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:36 PM   #4
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
Sure, sell them on ebay...
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote