Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 11-22-2013, 12:21 PM   #1
Philantrop
Addict
Philantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindles (e-ink)
Interesting interview with Kris

I found this to be an interesting and promising read:

http://ebookfriendly.com/kristian-gu...vin-interview/

Even, though, Kris, I daresay, your avatar here on MR is a bit older than the one in the article. You seem to have... grown... a bit... ;-)

Horizontally!
Philantrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 12:55 PM   #2
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
I'll update it. It's Marvin's fault.
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2013, 08:22 PM   #3
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)

Great read. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to see this new app that's in development!
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:25 PM   #4
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Jessica Lares - You guys will be the first to know about it!
Old 11-23-2013, 10:24 AM   #5
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
You look different on that picture compared to your picture here

But seriously. You mention Marvin as being free for a limited time. I cannot blame you, especially since it is such a great app but could you just clear something for me please ?

What exactly will we pay for when it becomes a paying app ?
The current version, future updates, a one payment for all future updates or a small payment for each update, in which case can we decide to keep a version with it still functional if we don't update etc ...

Edit: Ok I realized that I am on 2.3 and regardless of future plans for a paying app, there is the current issue of updating now which raises a question:
Since I can see in the store there is an update for both the new "universal" Marvin and the "Ipad only" Marvin, does it mean you will still support the "Ipad only" version (It says no future support for IOS 5 but I'm on IOS7) or is this new 2.4 version the last for it ?

If "Ipad only" will continue being supported I think I should stay on it because as I understand the "Universal" version is rather for those who want to read on multiple devices and I only have the Ipad and wish not to read on other Apple devices.
If you don't plan to continue supporting the "Ipad only" version, please let us know as then I have no other alternative than to update to the other version.

Last edited by Quexos; 11-23-2013 at 11:30 AM.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2013, 01:20 PM   #6
Lancer_325
Lancer_325 can differentiate black from dark navy blueLancer_325 can differentiate black from dark navy blueLancer_325 can differentiate black from dark navy blueLancer_325 can differentiate black from dark navy blueLancer_325 can differentiate black from dark navy blueLancer_325 can differentiate black from dark navy blueLancer_325 can differentiate black from dark navy blueLancer_325 can differentiate black from dark navy blueLancer_325 can differentiate black from dark navy blueLancer_325 can differentiate black from dark navy blueLancer_325 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: iPhone
Great article. Way to go Kris.
Lancer_325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 02:09 PM   #7
bounce
Zealot
bounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Ipad, Kindle 7
Good read. Keep up the solid work man, as long as it keeps getting better and better it will promote itself - I've been mentioning it whenever I can in converstaion, online, etc. I know Good reader has a big rewrite coming out soon (so they say) for PDF, I'd still like to keep it all inside Marvin so that's a feature I'd love to see your take on.
bounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 04:14 PM   #8
JTravers
Groupie
JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post

Great read. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to see this new app that's in development!
I wonder if it's an ebook catalog app. That certainly would fit the description in the article of it being able to work with other ebook reader apps. Can't wait to find out.
JTravers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 07:01 PM   #9
Richard Moody
Connoisseur
Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.

Device: Ipad Air and Ipad Mini with retina (using Marvin)
Thanks for the article, Kris, and of course the fantastic app.

Happy First birthday too!!

I like your concept of finding similar books to read.... Having just spent an evening trying to find a suitable book to follow the Spin trilogy. And not succeeding!

Good luck with that.
Richard Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:53 AM   #10
RONE
Enthusiast
RONE began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4S
Quote:
A few months ago, I finished reading a fantastic series of books and felt a bit saddened when it was all over.
What series of books were you referring to, Kris?

Happy birthday Marvin!!
RONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 06:24 PM   #11
kguil
Addict

@Everyone - Thanks a lot.

@RONE - Ben Aaronovitch's "Rivers of London" series. Great stuff.