Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 06-24-2020, 03:21 PM   #1
nucky
nucky began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Force download for large file size

Is it possible to force downloading books/comics that exceed a certain file size on the server instead of allowing online reading? I have some fairly large comics with file sizes above 1GB which simply doesn't work for online reading and causes problems because the caches reach their quotas.
For people who don't know how to clear the cache it can be really irritating because they're unable to read anything else online.

On a side note, I've been struggling to display the file size in a human readable format. I tried using the human-readable template function to display the file size for those files, but it always displays the same string.
Shouldn't it work by using?:
Code:
Size: {size:human_readable()}
nucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 05:08 PM   #2
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by nucky View Post
Is it possible to force downloading books/comics that exceed a certain file size on the server instead of allowing online reading? I have some fairly large comics with file sizes above 1GB which simply doesn't work for online reading and causes problems because the caches reach their quotas.
For people who don't know how to clear the cache it can be really irritating because they're unable to read anything else online.

On a side note, I've been struggling to display the file size in a human readable format. I tried using the human-readable template function to display the file size for those files, but it always displays the same string.
Code:
Click on the format--see screenshots--you will get a pop up asking what you want to do. Mouse over download in the pop up will get file size.

bernie

Edit:
How to increase browser cache size

Quote:
Follow the steps below to increase the browser cache size in several of the common browsers you may be using.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-06-24 16-59-58.png
Views:	207
Size:	666.7 KB
ID:	180154   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-06-24 17-05-16.png
Views:	203
Size:	390.5 KB
ID:	180155   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-06-24 17-02-53.png
Views:	218
Size:	375.0 KB
ID:	180156  

Last edited by gbm; 06-24-2020 at 05:23 PM.
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2020, 04:48 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nucky View Post
Code:
For various reasons "size" doesn't work in templates. Use
Code:
{:'human_readable(booksize())'}
instead
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
file size, formatting, function, server, template