Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-25-2016, 02:06 PM   #1
lizzielou
Connoisseur
lizzielou began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, 300, 350 & 650
Prs-505 Uninstaller program help

Does anyone have the program uninstaller_505.exe which fixes a problem with the Sony PRS-505.

I have been playing around with firmware (silly of me I know) and have got in a right pickle. I can't even remember what I did but now I now get the message 'Firmware update did not complete successfully. Please try again' when I switch the reader on.

I have read about this problem in an old message in this forum and someone refers to this site for a program to fix this

http://prs-plus.googlecode.com/files...taller_505.exe

but it was a long time ago and this file doesn't exist there anymore.

Does anyone have this lying around please so that I can get my beloved reader working again?
lizzielou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 03:08 PM   #2
lizzielou
Connoisseur

I have found the uninstaller program but what it has done is to put the US version 1.1.00.18040 which has different date formatting

But - I have my reader back and working.

I am now trying to run PRS Customiser to put the original UK version 1.2.00.18050 back but it is asking for a file called uk_new_opt.img. I don't have this in the Customiser folder, does anyone know where I can get this please - can anyone upload it for me or point me to a site as I have searched on google and can't find it anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated
Advert
Old 11-26-2016, 06:28 AM   #3
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Hi,

i've checked my archives for PRS-Customizer (Universal-Flasher 2.x) and sorry there is no such file.
IIRC PRS-Customizer just packed some modified files and replaced the originals in the firmware - simplified speaking.

But PRS+ is still in Google Code Archive.

(If you get a 404-Error enable all scrips if you are using noscipt or similar, this did the trick for me.)

You can find PRS+ 2.0 "LeChuck" for 505 in Downloads at page 2.
As long as you are not using any of the "games/apps" you should be good.
If you do - worst thing that can happen is, that you will have to reset/restart your reader.

And with PRS+ you can set the date/time format to your liking.

If you are not happy with PRS+ you can always re-run the uninstaller you already got.

And remember, there is PRS+safe-mode: If the reader is started with the USB-cable connected to a PC, PRS+ will not be loaded, and you will have - temporary - the stock firmware.
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 03:01 PM   #4
lizzielou
Connoisseur

Hi Mark
Thank you very much for your help. I now have my UK version back as it was when I bought the reader. I managed to find PRS+ and used it to back up the firmware from my hubby's reader which is the same as mine and has the UK firmware. Then I restored it into my US reader and got UK back.
Problem solved!