Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-05-2021, 08:01 AM   #1
fivestones
fivestones began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iPhone
Where to change the shortcut to Edit the metadata of the currently selected field

In the booklist, when I am wanting to edit the metadata of the currently selected field, the shortcut is F2, but on my keyboard I have to type Fn+F2. I'd rather change it to something else. In preferences -> Shortcuts, I can't find the shortcut, or anything linked to F2 at all. How can I change this to a different shortcut?

Thanks!
fivestones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 10:08 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You cant, its not customizable. That shortcut comes from Qt which in turn gets it from the underlying platform. Most keyboards that use fn buttons in dual mode have a "fn lock" function to avoid having to press Fn. Use it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
metadata, shortcuts