Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-23-2021, 10:48 PM   #1081
duindain
duindain began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 8
Hey,

I'm encountering an error trying to use Quality Check to fix the book paths in Quality Check -> Fix -> Check and rename book paths

Quote:
calibre, version 5.27.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>ThreadingViolationError</b>:You are trying to use the same object concurrently in two threads or re-entrantly within the same thread which is not allowed.

calibre 5.27 embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Linux-5.11.0-27-generic-x86_64-with-glibc2.2.5 Linux ('64bit', 'ELF')
('Linux', '5.11.0-27-generic', '#29~20.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Wed Aug 11 15:58:17 UTC 2021')
Python 3.8.5
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Extract ISBN (1, 5, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 8, 10) && Kindle Collections (1, 7, 29) && Manage Series (1, 2, 11) && Modify ePub (1, 6, 3) && Quality Check (1, 11, 2) && QuarantineAndScrub (3, 6, 115)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.quality_check.dialogs", line 66, in do_book_action
if self.callback_fn(book_id, self.db):
File "calibre_plugins.quality_check.check_fix", line 195, in evaluate_book
db.backend.update_path(book_id, title, author, db.new_api.fields['path'], db.new_api.fields['formats'])
File "calibre/db/backend.py", line 1682, in update_path
File "calibre/db/tables.py", line 134, in set_path
File "calibre/db/backend.py", line 937, in execute
apsw.ThreadingViolationError: You are trying to use the same object concurrently in two threads or re-entrantly within the same thread which is not allowed.
Does anyone know if there's a fix or does the plugin need an update?

Thanks
duindain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 06:11 AM   #1082
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by duindain View Post
Hey,

I'm encountering an error trying to use Quality Check to fix the book paths in Quality Check -> Fix -> Check and rename book paths

[...]

Thanks
I can't make this fail on windows. Are you running a "distro" release of calibre or "official" calibre? If distro then uninstall it and try it with the official version. If you are running the official version then because I can't duplicate the problem I can't help.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 08:07 AM   #1083
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks
@capink suggested a fix based on his experience with another plugin (). The attached version contains the fix. I can't guarantee that it fixes the problem, but at least for me it doesn't break anything. Give it a try.

(Attachment removed because it was released.)

Last edited by chaley; 09-27-2021 at 04:53 AM.
Old 09-24-2021, 08:54 PM   #1084
duindain

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
I can't make this fail on windows. Are you running a "distro" release of calibre or "official" calibre? If distro then uninstall it and try it with the official version. If you are running the official version then because I can't duplicate the problem I can't help.
Im using the official calibre, there is an update today to 5.28

After updating the issue is the same

Quote:
calibre, version 5.28.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>ThreadingViolationError</b>:You are trying to use the same object concurrently in two threads or re-entrantly within the same thread which is not allowed.

calibre 5.28 embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Linux-5.11.0-27-generic-x86_64-with-glibc2.2.5 Linux ('64bit', 'ELF')
('Linux', '5.11.0-27-generic', '#29~20.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Wed Aug 11 15:58:17 UTC 2021')
Python 3.8.5
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Extract ISBN (1, 5, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 8, 10) && Kindle Collections (1, 7, 29) && Manage Series (1, 2, 11) && Modify ePub (1, 6, 3) && Quality Check (1, 11, 2) && QuarantineAndScrub (3, 6, 115)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.quality_check.dialogs", line 66, in do_book_action
if self.callback_fn(book_id, self.db):
File "calibre_plugins.quality_check.check_fix", line 195, in evaluate_book
db.backend.update_path(book_id, title, author, db.new_api.fields['path'], db.new_api.fields['formats'])
File "calibre/db/backend.py", line 1682, in update_path
File "calibre/db/tables.py", line 134, in set_path
File "calibre/db/backend.py", line 937, in execute
apsw.ThreadingViolationError: You are trying to use the same object concurrently in two threads or re-entrantly within the same thread which is not allowed.
Removing the installed quality check plugin and installing the older version seems to have resolved the problem thx @chaley

Its still running through the fix, I'll update if it encounters a further error

Old 09-25-2021, 06:16 AM   #1085
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Removing the installed quality check plugin and installing the older version seems to have resolved the problem thx @chaley
What older version? The version I posted above is a new version. Did you install that?
Old 09-25-2021, 10:36 AM   #1086
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Im using the official calibre, there is an update today to 5.28

After updating the issue is the same

Its still running through the fix, I'll update if it encounters a further error

The version chaley added is a Beta (type) and does not appear on the Get Plugins. You must download from the post, then manually add it via Preferences:Plugins (button at the bottom)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 03:46 PM   #1087
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Has anyone tried the version in post 1083 (1.11.3)? I don't know what version @duindain used, and I don't want to release this version until there is some assurance that (at least) I didn't break something. Thanks.
Old 09-26-2021, 04:11 PM   #1088
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I'm trying it and it doesn't look like there is any problem, but I haven't checked all the options.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 04:18 PM   #1089
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just a question (I see it works the same with the released version and the beta one): I'm checking for adobe meta-tags. It says that it finds around 2.000, but when the search for marked is done, no book appears. Is that right?

EDIT: I don't know the reason, but I'm afraid the problem is the language. If calibre is using Spanish language (as usual), the search is "marcado:epub_drm" (it doesn't work) but if calibre is using English language, the search is "marked:epub_drm" (it works). So, I think something has been translated and it shouldn't.

And, as I've said, it happens with released and beta version.

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 09-26-2021 at 04:23 PM.
Old 09-26-2021, 04:44 PM   #1090
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Has anyone tried the version in post 1083 (1.11.3)? I don't know what version @duindain used, and I don't want to release this version until there is some assurance that (at least) I didn't break something. Thanks.
What I gathered from his post and debug log he posted is that he first tried to upgrade to the latest calibre version (5.28) while still using the old plugin version (1, 11, 2). This did not solve his problems. He then reverted back to older version (of calibre not the plugin), and installed the beta of the plugin which seemed to make the error disappear.
capink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 05:00 PM   #1091
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Just a question (I see it works the same with the released version and the beta one): I'm checking for adobe meta-tags. It says that it finds around 2.000, but when the search for marked is done, no book appears. Is that right?

EDIT: I don't know the reason, but I'm afraid the problem is the language. If calibre is using Spanish language (as usual), the search is "marcado:epub_drm" (it doesn't work) but if calibre is using English language, the search is "marked:epub_drm" (it works). So, I think something has been translated and it shouldn't.

And, as I've said, it happens with released and beta version.
Does this fix it? I made "marked" not translated when used as a search term.

(Attachment removed because it was released.)

Last edited by chaley; 09-27-2021 at 04:53 AM.
Old 09-26-2021, 08:06 PM   #1092
duindain

Quote:
Originally Posted by capink View Post
What I gathered from his post and debug log he posted is that he first tried to upgrade to the latest calibre version (5.28) while still using the old plugin version (1, 11, 2). This did not solve his problems. He then reverted back to older version (of calibre not the plugin), and installed the beta of the plugin which seemed to make the error disappear.
Exciting lots of confusion here and i was thinking it was very clear too ;(

On the previous version of calibre (Which was the current at the time 2-3 days ago) with the latest released version of quality check it fails on linux
On the current version of calibre as of 1-2 days ago with the latest released version of quality check it fails on linux

With the current version of calibre and the beta version of quality check (Sorry i thought this was a previous version in my post) it works correctly this was from the zip version you posted @chaley 1_11_3

This is for the check and fix paths option in all the above testing

Last edited by duindain; 09-26-2021 at 08:09 PM.
Old 09-27-2021, 04:48 AM   #1093
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Thanks all. I released V1_11_4.

@Terisa de morgan: You were right about 'marked'. That search term isn't translated anywhere in calibre, so it shouldn't be translated in this plugin.
Old 09-27-2021, 11:19 AM   #1094
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Thanks all. I released V1_11_4.

@Terisa de morgan: You were right about 'marked'. That search term isn't translated anywhere in calibre, so it shouldn't be translated in this plugin.
Glad to see that my experience as tester and bug finder is still valid
Old 01-07-2022, 10:24 AM   #1095
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Beta for calibre 6 (Qt6) support

The attached version has changes to support the upcoming calibre 6, which is migrating to Qt6.

As far as I can tell I didn't break anything.

EDIT: Released

Last edited by chaley; 01-19-2022 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Released