Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-14-2010, 08:04 AM   #1
karen4191
karen4191 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Is it possible to make it default to autoconvert?

It seems all my newsgroups download, then each one has a pop up that no suitable format is available and asks me to autoconvert. Can the next version default to autoconvert? Why would anyone not want to autoconvert?

Thanks,
Karen
karen4191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:11 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen4191 View Post
It seems all my newsgroups download, then each one has a pop up that no suitable format is available and asks me to autoconvert. Can the next version default to autoconvert? Why would anyone not want to autoconvert?

Thanks,
Karen
I believe the recipes in calibre create ebooks based on your default format. You might want to set the default format under Preferences - Behavior to Mobi or whatever your device uses.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2010, 08:52 PM   #3
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen4191 View Post
Can the next version default to autoconvert? Why would anyone not want to autoconvert?
Take this situation, you are sending a few books to the reader before leaving for work. One of them isn't in a format supported by your reader. You have 10 minutes before you need to leave. You can cancel the send and remove the one file and send the rest. This way your not late and you don't have to leave your reader at home. If it auto converted it might be a long time before it finishes. Lets say you start the transfer and you walk away to pack your lunch only to come back and find it still working on the transfer. You wouldn't be happy because you have to leave. That happened to me so it asks.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote