Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-14-2010, 12:19 PM   #16
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookfanmd View Post
It seems to be a Sony issue as it does not happen with the Pocket Pro. I tested on the PPro when I came across the problem on the Sony.
Interesting.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:14 PM   #17
netarc
netarc began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-300
Quote:
Originally Posted by poshm View Post
Why do the books need to be completely redownloaded from the library?

They should be stored in a folder called My Digital Editions I think it is under My Documents in Windows - at least they're all stored there on my Vista PC. Just open them from here or from ADE.
That doesn't work, at least in my experience - I have deleted the book on the PRC reader itself, then allowed the Reader s/w to resync with the PRC ... no dice, the error persists.

Clicking the "download" link from the library to redownload the book to the Reader s/w, then synch it over to the PRC, does work (though, often, the Reader & PRC now show _two_ copies of the book, even if you had deleted the book from the Reader s/w before re-downloading).
netarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2010, 10:06 PM   #18
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4nefertiti View Post
I removed my epubs then put them directly on the reader instead of the memory card and presto...I can now read my borrowed library books.
same thing here. with the problem pdfs/epubs, if i move them from the ms card to internal memory, it shows up fine. i've also tested by moving them to the sd card and the show up fine as well. i know that others did not get simliar results. this is just so random that there's no logical explanation at all.

Last edited by rem736; 02-01-2010 at 10:39 PM.
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 06:29 PM   #19
Red Alert
Zealot
Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor & Nook Tablet. Sony PRS-505 loaned to brother.
I have a stock (no hacks) PRS-505. Two days ago I bought three books from Sony Store. I transferred them to a SD memory card and into my reader. The reader formatted the card and placed the books in the reader's table of contents.

Attempting to read these new purchases resulted in the "Protected Page!" error message.

So, am I understanding that the only solution is to flush the reader and card completely, load up only one format of eBook and then repeat the process each time I choose to read a book in another format? The amount of hassle that entails is onerous! Perhaps the best solution is to have 2 Sony's, one for each format. I bet Sony would love that suggestion.

Please, if I am off-track here, someone set me straight. TIA

Ralph
Red Alert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 07:08 PM   #20
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Looks like your reader is not authorized. Open eBook Library, connect the reader, go to account settings and look for "devices".
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2010, 10:57 AM   #21
reeder2
reeder2 began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook, Sony PRS505
I had a book in pdf with 5 days left until expiration, on my PRS-505. I downloaded another pdf yesterday and now both books show the Protected Page message. The only other formats on the reader are BBeBook excerpts and mp3s that were factory-loaded. Both pdfs work on the ADE reader on my PC. I'm running XP Home Edition SP3 and have not encountered this problem before. Usually I delete a library book before I download another one.
reeder2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:48 AM   #22
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The only way to solve the problem is to delete the PDF until you finish the ePub. Then delete the ePub and put the PDF on.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:24 PM   #23
lovelyloey
Enthusiast
lovelyloey began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookfanmd View Post
It seems to be a Sony issue as it does not happen with the Pocket Pro. I tested on the PPro when I came across the problem on the Sony.
Yes, it seems to be a Sony issue. I don't have such problems with my Cybook Opus. I can open both library PDF and ePub.
lovelyloey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:36 PM   #24
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
I'm just not having this issue. I'm switching between library ePubs and library PDFs on a daily basis (using internal memory). I read multiple books concurrently.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 03:04 PM   #25
45MPHK9
45MPHK9 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I'm getting this error again. I have no PDFs that I can find on my reader. In fact, I took all the books off the reader and then went through Windows Explorer to see if there were any files still hanging in there (annotations, etc) and deleted them. I downloaded a borrowed library book and transferred it to my reader via Adobe Digital Editions. Protected page error comes up even though it's the only book on my device. Double checked that my device is authorized and it is. Any ideas?
45MPHK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:21 PM   #26
colleenFL
Groupie
colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.

Device: PW3, PW1, Kobo N647, Sony PRS-600, Sony PRS-300, various tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45MPHK9 View Post
I'm getting this error again. I have no PDFs that I can find on my reader. In fact, I took all the books off the reader and then went through Windows Explorer to see if there were any files still hanging in there (annotations, etc) and deleted them. I downloaded a borrowed library book and transferred it to my reader via Adobe Digital Editions. Protected page error comes up even though it's the only book on my device. Double checked that my device is authorized and it is. Any ideas?
Try deleting the book and then download it again from the library to your software and then to your Reader.
colleenFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 11:43 AM   #27
45MPHK9
45MPHK9 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks! That worked. I like my Sony, but it's a pain sometimes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleenFL View Post
Try deleting the book and then download it again from the library to your software and then to your Reader.
45MPHK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 12:30 PM   #28
colleenFL
Groupie
colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.

Device: PW3, PW1, Kobo N647, Sony PRS-600, Sony PRS-300, various tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45MPHK9 View Post
Thanks! That worked. I like my Sony, but it's a pain sometimes!
I agree. This has happened to my reader several times. I just consider it a quirk and keep reading.
colleenFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 12:39 PM   #29
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Work Around

This problem happens with purchased books as well and happens even if just ePub books are on the device.

The solution is to open a different book than the one with the error.

Then open the problem book to page 1.

That cures the error for me.

Also, if it really locks, just charge it for 15 minutes and the lock is overridden.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 01:04 AM   #30
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It only applies to library books; is it really a problem for you?

It's a huge problem for me, because I go through spurts of only reading library books.

Fortunately it's no problem to strip the drm.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote