Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-28-2009, 12:08 PM   #1
cypherslock
Groupie
cypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Vox
Start Calibre automatically?

I was looking in the options and while there is an option to have a tray icon, I was wonder if there was one to "start when windows starts?" Or as a service so it is always running (I ahve my news download at around 5:45 in the morning.
cypherslock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:31 PM   #2
animedude01
Addict
animedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheese

Device: DR1000S, ILIAD2, Nokia n900, Kindle for PC, Astak EZReader Pro
The tray icon means that Calibre is running in the background and as long as you've set up the downloads, they should work just fine[1].

To have it start automatically when you start Windows, it's as easy as creating a shortcut in the Startup folder. At least, that's how you'd start it on Windows XP. I don't have Vista or W7 so can't comment on those.

Hope this helps.

[1] This assumes that the computer is left on and running overnight. Some go to sleep or hibernate and that won't work. I don't mean to assume that you don't know this, but some new users really don't!
animedude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2009, 02:00 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by cypherslock View Post
I was looking in the options and while there is an option to have a tray icon, I was wonder if there was one to "start when windows starts?" Or as a service so it is always running (I ahve my news download at around 5:45 in the morning.
You have a number of standard Windowschoices:
1) Create a Scheduled Task to start Calibre at a certain time (if not running)
2)Copy the Calibre shortcut to All Programs Startup folder (if you switch to Classic mode, there is a Wizard tool for this. You can switch back after yo are done.) If there are more than 1 User logons, you might want to put this in the "All Users" Start Menue rather than the single User (by Default) Menu.

#2 does not prevent Calibre being stopped at the tray
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:29 PM   #4
cypherslock
Groupie
cypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Vox
*bows to Calibre Senseis* Thanks guys. Yeah I knew both of those but apparently had a brain cramp. Excellent! Lovin' the Calibre
cypherslock is offline   Reply With Quote