Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-13-2017, 02:12 AM   #1
iamagloworm
Connoisseur
iamagloworm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3 (Manga)
only download metadata for key terms?

I was thinking it would be great if there was a way to identify books in my library that have won major prizes, like pulitzer and booker, for example.

can anyone suggest a way to automate that so that books are matched against an online database and a tag is added to the book in my library?

I can't think of a way to automate it, because I don't see where that metadata is available to Calibre.

I might just export a list of books and try to match against a list of prize winners.
iamagloworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 02:23 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Depending on the source of the data, the Import List plugin might be able to do this. It can a list in various formats, including web pages, to the books in your library and updated the metadata. Or add empty books. It does include a list of web pages with lists of books that it can work with. I don't remember whether there are any awards lists on it. If you do have a suitable list, you can add a new import for that list.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert