Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-11-2017, 07:02 PM   #1
whambro
whambro began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Unable to Open Item

Hi, I just purchased a new Kindle Voyager. I have an older Kindle PaperWhite. When I used Calibre to select books from my library and send them to my new device, they installed and I can see them in the Home listing on the device, but I get an "Unable to Open Item" "because it is licensed to a different user" error message. My new device and old device are both registered to my same Amazon account. When I send the book to my new device directly from my Amazon account, it opens correctly. However, I can't open books I sent from Calibre to my new device. Help????
whambro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 07:17 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You need to redownload so the DRM can be updated to handle the Voyage.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2017, 03:19 PM   #3
whambro
whambro began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Follow-up

The books were loaded into Calibre from my old Kindle, so there is no way to "redownload". Any other advise? Thanks.
whambro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 03:36 PM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whambro View Post
The books were loaded into Calibre from my old Kindle, so there is no way to "redownload". Any other advise? Thanks.
The Amazon DRM is device specific so unless you removed the DRM before loading the book into Calibre you cannot load it into another device.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 03:37 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by whambro View Post
Go to your Amazon account: digital content and re-download. AFAIK, that is the only Kindle DRM source
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert