Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Sitescooper

Notices

Old 06-10-2004, 07:17 AM   #46
melvynadam
Connoisseur
melvynadam began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPhone, iPad
Okay, this thread is getting stale, time for another request!
Any chance of getting any of the www.cnet.com content scooped up and served daily?
Old 06-10-2004, 07:37 AM   #47
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Sorry about this. I just visited our scoops site to see if everything is still working

The time that was required to rebuild mobileread.com, and also some unexpected work at my job are the two reasons why I couldn't work more on the "scoop project". Also, I've found a lot of new interest in RSS feeds and programmed a couple of custom feeds which I plan to make available here soon (like a feed for PalmGear's latest software updates). I promise I will spend more time on the scoops again.
Advert
Old 06-15-2004, 05:25 AM   #48
melvynadam
Connoisseur

Alex,

Are you crazy?! Don't apologise for not having done something for free for other people - especially when the reason was that you were so busy doing something else for us! I really appreciate all of the time you've put into the mobileread site and also the scoops. There's no hurry to expand them and they're great in their current form. When you eventually have time there are many requests in this thread and it'll be fun to see some implemented.
Old 11-07-2004, 09:45 AM   #49
melvynadam
Connoisseur

Doh! Where'd the scoops go?
Old 11-07-2004, 11:18 AM   #50
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Melvyn, I was contacted by someone to remove the premade Economist scoop. So I figured it best to remove the entire website since I don't want anyone to get upset.

I am currently very busy at work, but also working on something "new"... don't want to say too much yet because I don't know when it will be ready, but I am confident you will like it!

Alex
Advert
Old 11-08-2004, 02:29 AM   #51
melvynadam
Connoisseur

Well now I'm thoroughly intrigued! If you can't tell me more than that about the 'what' can you give a better idea about the 'when'?
Old 11-08-2004, 10:28 AM   #52
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
/me all curious to hear more about it...
Old 11-09-2004, 03:04 AM   #53
melvynadam
Connoisseur

If I'd meant "me" I wouldn't have posted the message on the public forum! Of course I meant "us".

Alex, will the new "thing" incorporate any ideas/requests from this discussion thread?
Old 11-09-2004, 05:37 AM   #54
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Ok sorry to make such a mystery about it. I just want to avoid people asking me later when it is ready, since I cannot make any promises right now (work keeps me busy).

Basically I am working on a database system, where users can generate their own iSiloX (other formats such as Sunrise should follow) files. Take our Web Channel Collection for example; in future, users can make their own favorite .ixl files and assemble the channels to their liking. It sounds all pretty basic, but it comes with some more extras which should make it really cool for everyone

In addition, and this is probably more interesting for you, I finished an automated system where one can easily convert RSS feeds into Mobile pages, plus use regular expressions to rewrite urls on the fly (to point article urls to printer-friendly urls). See The Register thread for an example.
Old 12-06-2004, 04:54 AM   #55
melvynadam
Connoisseur

Sounds great. I'm really looking forward to trying this out (as I'm sure are others) but I'll refrain from asking when it's going to be ready.
Thanks again for your hard work.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:20 AM   #56
melvynadam
Connoisseur

Any updates for us? (Whilst we wait patiently ;-))
Old 01-11-2005, 09:34 AM   #57
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

You got me here! Sorry, in future I shouldn't make deadline promises I cannot keep for sure. Unfortunately, due to some events in real life (plus a very relaxing christmas holiday) I haven't been able to work more on this project. Which means I must postpone it to a future date, somewhere in February or latest March I hope.

Again, I am truely sorry for keeping you waiting ;(
Old 01-17-2005, 05:30 AM   #58
melvynadam
Connoisseur

I'm not bothered about waiting it's just nice to have details on the development cycle. I'm sure you have regulars who can help but I'd be glad to assist in beta development if needed. I work in QA of software so there's always hope I could bring something useful to the project!
Old 05-14-2005, 04:11 PM   #59
CINCNORAD
Enthusiast
CINCNORAD began at the beginning.

Device: Ebookwise//Sony Reader//Nokia N800
If I can just figure out this darn sitescooper program I'll be joining you guys soon. I want my morning paper on my ebookwise!
Old 05-14-2005, 05:07 PM   #60
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

CINCNORAD, which one is your morning paper?