Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-08-2011, 09:06 AM   #61
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixnick View Post
cmus sounds like an easy way to hack some gui into kindle...
i'd prefer making some kind of overlay gui for the kindle, which should be fairly easy once i determine a way to draw on the eink display and catch keys...

i had another idea today: since the kindle speakers (mine is wifi+3g eu) are quite good, i'd love to use them as a alarm clock with my mp3's...
does anyone know a way of scheduling a script/program without having to burn the battery the whole night while sleep()ing?
I would think you could setup a crontab entry for this, but I don't know if you would also need to disable the "sleep" mode for this to operate. I guess that would depend if cron will still deal with crontabs while the kindle is sleeping. Does anyone know about this? If not I guess you could try it and see.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:55 AM   #62
Youan
Youan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G GB
Hello. Please forgive my ignorance, I am trying to understand how these things work without any prior experience...

Would it be possible to affect MPlayer with script inside an eBook? i.e. a bookmark at a certain point in the story would have code that effectively played the music when that page is arrived at.

If that is the case, would it be possible to point MPlayer to a specific file in the music directory?

I am using Kindle 3G GB - as you can probably see, I am hoping to assign certain audio tracks to points within a story.

Thanks for reading
Youan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2011, 12:39 PM   #63
nounlu
nounlu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youan View Post
Hello. Please forgive my ignorance, I am trying to understand how these things work without any prior experience...

Would it be possible to affect MPlayer with script inside an eBook? i.e. a bookmark at a certain point in the story would have code that effectively played the music when that page is arrived at.

If that is the case, would it be possible to point MPlayer to a specific file in the music directory?

I am using Kindle 3G GB - as you can probably see, I am hoping to assign certain audio tracks to points within a story.

Thanks for reading
This would be fantastic for my needs. I am also curious to find out about this possibility.
nounlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:31 AM   #64
Youan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youan View Post

Thanks for reading

I hope I haven't seemed to hijack the thread, I was just wondering if simply giving an html command within the ebook itself would allow one to tell mplayer what to do...
Old 04-27-2011, 05:46 PM   #65
Xiaopangzi
Enthusiast
Xiaopangzi 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Xiaopangzi 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Xiaopangzi 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Xiaopangzi 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Xiaopangzi 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Xiaopangzi 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Xiaopangzi 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Xiaopangzi 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Xiaopangzi 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Xiaopangzi 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Xiaopangzi 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: kindle k3, prs-t2
Install a web server with cgi capability on the kindle, write cgi scripts to control mplayer, insert html links to those scripts into your ebooks.
Xiaopangzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2011, 07:11 AM   #66
Youan

Hi Xiaopangzi,

Thanks for your reply, I found your web server thread, and had a read; it seems that it is not as simple as I had hoped, and I am well out of my depth...

I'm trying to do some very quick learning right now!!
Old 05-21-2011, 01:47 PM   #67
kinkle
Connoisseur
kinkle began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3 3g and KT 3G
Hi,
I instal launchpad succesfully and coppy MPlayer as described. Now I try some secvence of key described here and nothing happend... Please forgive me and illuminate me with "how to ?"
Thanks!
kinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:51 AM   #68
SirMontaire
SirMontaire began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Wifi
I found a bug in mplayer: It plays my mp3-s around 1.1x speed.
The higher voices are a little annoying for me.
Is there any way to fix it?
SirMontaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:01 AM   #69
SirMontaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkle View Post
Hi,
I instal launchpad succesfully and coppy MPlayer as described. Now I try some secvence of key described here and nothing happend... Please forgive me and illuminate me with "how to ?"
Thanks!
Do not push the buttons at same time.
Try this to play shuffle:
Shift then m then r. (And you have 0,7sec for this.)
Old 05-25-2011, 12:59 AM   #70
kindleBunny
Bunny
kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2 Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMontaire View Post
I noticed the same thing, but not for all songs.
kindleBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:59 PM   #71
janvanmaar
Addict
janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3G, Samsung SIII
Quote:
I do not see that problem but 'mplayer -speed 0.9' might help?
janvanmaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 02:42 PM   #72
SirMontaire

Exclamation Mistery solved but problem not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janvanmaar View Post
I do not see that problem but 'mplayer -speed 0.9' might help?
The problem: mplayer use the same sample rate for each song.
So if you have a song with lower sample rate than default, it plays faster
so -speed not an exact option...
-srate would be the proper way, but set it before each song is not an option.
I think somebody should check the source...
Old 06-23-2011, 12:26 AM   #73
Gvaz
Gvaz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
So I have the jailbreak installed properly (screensavers work) and Launchpad works, but I can't seem to figure out how to launch mplayer?

I'm also kind of bummed that it doesn't seem like any of these apps have a gui interface or input themselves into the kindle ui.
Gvaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:33 AM   #74
Matan
Enthusiast
Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: none
Quote:
The problem: mplayer use the same sample rate for each song.
So if you have a song with lower sample rate than default, it plays faster
so -speed not an exact option...
-srate would be the proper way, but set it before each song is not an option.
I think somebody should check the source...
In my tests, I saw both the problem of too fast (a song encoded at 44.1KHz played at 48KHz) and too slow (48KHz song played at 44.1KHz).

The problem does not happen all the time, and it appears to only happen when switching. It seems as if the set rate command is sometimes ignored by the hardware codec.
My guess is that the problem is either in the WM8960 driver in the kernel, or at the hardware level.

The srate parameter should work, but it should not be per song but constant. In this way mplayer will do rate transformation, so no "set rate" command needs to be sent to the codec.
Matan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 03:11 AM   #75
CaelThunderwing
Zealot
CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: K3(Wifi+3G)
i cant get a playlist to work,

i edited the Playlist file and added http://s6.secondstreams.com:5678/listen.pls

Nada tried w/o /listen.pls Still nothing i was in SecondLife and it was fine.
CaelThunderwing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aac, mplayer, music, ogg, streaming