Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-07-2010, 10:04 AM   #136
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Welcome Tom! [watch out for the old lady with a stick - she went on a tear last night - and is screening new members awful closely now!]
I expect that you are the one that needs to watch out... "old lady," indeed!
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:12 AM   #137
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
I expect that you are the one that needs to watch out... "old lady," indeed!
A term of endearment!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2010, 10:43 AM   #138
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Well she did go on a tear...that's for sure.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:48 AM   #139
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Well she did go on a tear...that's for sure.
It was that blinking red light on your Droid - set her off!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:56 AM   #140
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I know, I know....
Advert
Old 11-07-2010, 11:53 AM   #141
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Hi. I'm Tom, and all I do on my phone is talk, and only when I have to.

My phone has a few other functions, but I never use them. It was a gift from a lovely lady who thought I needed a cell phone.
You're in!!

Quote:
Welcome Tom! [watch out for the old lady with a stick - she went on a tear last night - and is screening new members awful closely now!]
"old lady" indeed! Young whippersnapper!! (tries to remember where she put that stick)

Quote:
A term of endearment!
Oh, really? Thats okay then. (gotta stay on the good side of this particular mod..)
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 12:00 PM   #142
lack
Zealot
lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.

Device: PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjottawa View Post
My phone is also a form of edible fruit, a "black berry".

Oddly, people keep on asking me what kind of "data plan" it has.

I know not what that is.

I don't "plan" to use any "data", certainly not with my fruit phone, unless "reading" is "using data" and my "plan" is to do a lot of that, on my Kindle.

Then they give me a look as if that's all so strange.
Nice one
lack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 12:05 PM   #143
lack
Zealot
lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.

Device: PRS-650
You know, I once hated texting too. Every time anyone text me to ask anything I used to call them back.

Then the bill came..
lack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 01:53 PM   #144
MikeRo
Connoisseur
MikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kindle 3
My name's Mike and I finally broke down and bought my first cell phone in December 2009, 2 months after I'd bought my first e-reader.

My phone makes calls. It supposedly can send and receive text messages but I've never used that feature. It can't surf the internet nor can it take pictures but it does have a built-in flashlight. It's a pay-as-you go phone that costs me $1.25 a month to keep active (up from $0.99 per month last year) and it's cost me just under $17 in total since I activated it last December. Obviously we don't use it much, we keep it for emergency use.

We also bought a new car in September that has a built-in cell phone, so we've gone from no cell phones to two cell phones in less than a year.
MikeRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 02:03 PM   #145
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRo View Post
My name's Mike and I finally broke down and bought my first cell phone in December 2009, 2 months after I'd bought my first e-reader.

My phone makes calls. It supposedly can send and receive text messages but I've never used that feature. It can't surf the internet nor can it take pictures but it does have a built-in flashlight. It's a pay-as-you go phone that costs me $1.25 a month to keep active (up from $0.99 per month last year) and it's cost me just under $17 in total since I activated it last December. Obviously we don't use it much, we keep it for emergency use.

We also bought a new car in September that has a built-in cell phone, so we've gone from no cell phones to two cell phones in less than a year.
You're in!

uh..........which car has a 'built in cell phone'?
Old 11-07-2010, 02:19 PM   #146
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
You're in!

uh..........which car has a 'built in cell phone'?
Courtesy of a Droid X Search:

http://www.google.com/search?q=cars+...84dc0be2ad39a5

Old 11-07-2010, 02:27 PM   #147
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Courtesy of a Droid X Search:

Actually, these list cars with available cell phone connections, but you have to provide your own phone.

I was under the impression from MikeRo's post his care came with its own phone.......
Old 11-07-2010, 02:39 PM   #148
durkinrobinson
Lovechild
durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle
Are you all nuts? What's wrong with you people? I call fraud. I believe you all are just dying to get a device that asks you to pull its finger and then lets loose a litany of bodily function sounds that can clear a room. Who doesn't want to know the title and artist of that song that sounds sooooo familiar as you stand in line at Subway? When your mother in law tells that awful joke where she messes up the punchline, for the 99th time, you too would like something that plays the sounds of crickets.

Don't lie and don't hate.

Get an Android and join us, join us, join us....
durkinrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 02:40 PM   #149
kennyc

On Star...

http://www.onstar.com/web/portal/home
Old 11-07-2010, 02:40 PM   #150
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by durkinrobinson View Post
Are you all nuts? What's wrong with you people? I call fraud. I believe you all are just dying to get a device that asks you to pull its finger and then lets loose a litany of bodily function sounds that can clear a room. Who doesn't want to know the title and artist of that song that sounds sooooo familiar as you stand in line at Subway? When your mother in law tells that awful joke where she messes up the punchline, for the 99th time, you too would like something that plays the sounds of crickets.

Don't lie and don't hate.

Get an Android and join us, join us, join us....
Ya know ya want to.