Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-30-2010, 11:33 PM   #1
radiofred
radiofred began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Structure Detection Ceased To Exist?

I have this infuriating title being left in my book. I opened up the "Remove Header" wizard, leaving the default regex. the title reads for example <A name=5></a>[Mass Effect 01] - Revelation <br>, and the default regex clearly covers titles of such a form. However, it is not highlighted by the wizard nor is it removed in the conversion. Interestingly enough, it has no trouble removing the footer which looks something like file://Karpyshyn,%20Drew%20-%20...Effect%2001]%20-%20Revelation%20(v2.0)%20.htm<br>.
radiofred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:04 AM   #2
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Are you sure your input format is set correctly? I run into this problem because sometimes while I mean to convert from pdf to epub, Calibre sometimes changes the input format automatically to epub when one exists from a previous conversion as that's one of my preferred formats.

The other bit is if it's not being highlighted it's probably because of the [] characters in your title. You need to escape those with backslashes \[ \].

That footer is hardcoded into preprocessing because it's pretty universal in the way it's formatted.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2010, 12:29 AM   #3
radiofred
radiofred began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldolse View Post
The other bit is if it's not being highlighted it's probably because of the [] characters in your title. You need to escape those with backslashes \[ \]
Right... I forgot that code-specific characters needed to actually be pointed out so that it doesn't think it's part of the code. Though I was using the general name remover function and not specifically removing the title of my book... no matter. I manually removed them in Sigil anyway.
radiofred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:33 AM   #4
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
The default function rarely works by itself, it's just there as an example. You need to modify it to match your header.

Read here for a primer:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99258
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote