Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-18-2012, 05:39 AM   #436
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by gari189 View Post
Skin-digital and several ebay sellers have started selling cases like this
http://www.skindigitalstore.com/prod...ase-Cover.html

£7-£10 (10-15 US dollars). The one I've purchased (pics below) was one of the cheaper ebay ones (£6.70) not a Skin Digital one. Overall I'm impressed. Cover folds back easily, T1 fits well and the hand "loop" which I thought would be gimmicky is actually very practical. The cover "activates" the touch screen when closed so you do have to remember to switch off before closing the cover.

This is a pretty snazzy cover. Thanks for sharing!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:56 AM   #437
gari189
Connoisseur
gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Elonex 621eb, PRS-T1, HP Touchpad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
This is a pretty snazzy cover. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks - it does solve one of my main irritations with the T1. If holding the the T1 at the bottom corners using fingers/thumb, there is limited room for your thumb (the corner buttons restrict the space for your thumb). Now I just use the hand loop and don't have to grip so much....
gari189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:06 AM   #438
LuvReadin
Addict
LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and Cool-ER
Quote:
Originally Posted by gari189 View Post
Skin-digital and several ebay sellers have started selling cases like this
http://www.skindigitalstore.com/prod...ase-Cover.html
Nice case. I had a look on eBay to find similar ones, and came across this one. Just thought it worth mentioning because it's unusual to see an easel-type case these days (the only other one I know of was made for the Cool-ER), and it might be of interest to people who like to have the book placed on a table. BTW, it says 'leather' in the title, but as you might expect from the price, it's actually sythetic.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Cust...item4165fb3c7c
LuvReadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:24 AM   #439
gari189
Connoisseur
gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Elonex 621eb, PRS-T1, HP Touchpad
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvReadin View Post
Nice case. I had a look on eBay to find similar ones, and came across this one. Just thought it worth mentioning because it's unusual to see an easel-type case these days (the only other one I know of was made for the Cool-ER), and it might be of interest to people who like to have the book placed on a table. BTW, it says 'leather' in the title, but as you might expect from the price, it's actually sythetic.
I've been keeping an eye out for "flip-over" cases for the T1. Skin digital do a nice one for the Kobo Touch and I was waiting for them to do one for the T1.

Fit and design can vary - its one of the reasons why I like to check on here first to see if anyone already has the case and can give an honest opinion of it.....

Last edited by gari189; 05-18-2012 at 11:54 AM. Reason: edit
gari189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 06:32 AM   #440
LuvReadin
Addict
LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and Cool-ER
I just found another easel-type case for the T1 on eBay, by Tuff-luv. Strangely, it doesn't seem to have a front cover; it comes supplied with a screen protector. Wouldn't be too happy about not having a proper cover over the screen myself, but some people might like it: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tuff-Luv-S...item4845514b9d
LuvReadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:48 PM   #441
thearianne
thearianne began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Rocketfish myway for Kindle Fire fits Sony T1?

I juste found this case fro Rocketfish for the Kindle Fire and by the looks of it could fit the Sony T1? Anyone tried it? Thanks

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ELECTRONICS-K...item1c2748bd71
thearianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:35 PM   #442
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thearianne View Post
I juste found this case fro Rocketfish for the Kindle Fire and by the looks of it could fit the Sony T1? Anyone tried it? Thanks

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ELECTRONICS-K...item1c2748bd71
No case for a Kindle fire will fit a 6" reader. Sizes are just too different.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:03 AM   #443
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Well, if any of my fellow Canadians are morbidly curious, I discovered by testing against an opened display sample at the local Chapters store that a Moleskine KoboTouch cover (the one that comes with the notepad) will just barely fit the Sony PRS-T1 rather tightly, but with no overhanging/sticking out bits once you've gotten it slotted in correctly and you can even press the power button through the covering holding-strip at the bottom. Access hole at the bottom doesn't quite match up with the USB and just barely clears the earphone jack, IIRC.

It's a very tight fit, and even without the top left-hand single elastic, I'd have no fears about the Sony falling out. Apparently some of these are supposed to be marked down from ~$50 to $31.47 CAD according to the store's on-line catalogue/stock search, if anyone wanted a cover that came with a notepad, which I admit I'm kind of weirdly tempted by.

I also discovered that even the Kobo Touch cases with the elastics are just slightly too short to fit. Guess I should have stocked up on those $5 clearance Kobo WiFi cases which were apparently just the right size, according to posters on the Red Flag Deals forum, when they were still available, instead of waiting for my Sony to actually arrive before picking up dirt-cheap accessories for it.

But if you wanted one of those fancy-patterned Verso covers which are 30% off in the stores, those are pretty much the right size. I'm hoping they drop a bit more or go on sale for $10 at Future Shop again.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:16 AM   #444
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Well, if any of my fellow Canadians are morbidly curious, I discovered by testing against an opened display sample at the local Chapters store that a Moleskine KoboTouch cover (the one that comes with the notepad) will just barely fit the Sony PRS-T1 rather tightly, but with no overhanging/sticking out bits once you've gotten it slotted in correctly and you can even press the power button through the covering holding-strip at the bottom. Access hole at the bottom doesn't quite match up with the USB and just barely clears the earphone jack, IIRC.

It's a very tight fit, and even without the top left-hand single elastic, I'd have no fears about the Sony falling out. Apparently some of these are supposed to be marked down from ~$50 to $31.47 CAD according to the store's on-line catalogue/stock search, if anyone wanted a cover that came with a notepad, which I admit I'm kind of weirdly tempted by.

I also discovered that even the Kobo Touch cases with the elastics are just slightly too short to fit. Guess I should have stocked up on those $5 clearance Kobo WiFi cases which were apparently just the right size, according to posters on the Red Flag Deals forum, when they were still available, instead of waiting for my Sony to actually arrive before picking up dirt-cheap accessories for it.

But if you wanted one of those fancy-patterned Verso covers which are 30% off in the stores, those are pretty much the right size. I'm hoping they drop a bit more or go on sale for $10 at Future Shop again.
I wish I had bought the Kobo WiFi cases when I had the chance!
Old 05-23-2012, 09:19 AM   #445
thearianne
thearianne began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
No case for a Kindle fire will fit a 6" reader. Sizes are just too different.
I tried the Belkin Verve Stand for the Kindle Fire and it fits on the Sony T1... its a bit too pricy for me so i'm trying to find an alternative for it....

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Belkin+-...&skuId=3560592

Maybe this one would fit better than?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Rocketfish-My...#ht_553wt_1037
thearianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:00 PM   #446
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Question

Hmmm, I tried skimming through, but 30 pages is a lot! I am in the process of getting the Sony PRS T1, and it's likely going to be white.
I really want a nice book style cover for it with built-in light, it's just what works best for me.

I'm in Canada, and the Sony covers with lights are on sale right now for $45 [regular $55] at BestBuy and Future Shop. I did read that someone here wasn't happy with that one, and for $45 I definitely want to be happy!
I like the looks of the SkinDigital one that a poster here just had pictures of, and I think it was $15, I believe it was just on the previous page. But I'd like a light too. Thoughts? Not sure I'm happy about a clip-on light, I think I prefer the convenience of a built-in type.

So, my question is, is there a definitive list somewhere that says which covers besides the Sony legitimately fit the T1? And do some of you regular posters remember seeing any with a light? I'd also prefer a rechargeable light, but I don't use it that often so it's not a 'make-or-break-deal', just a 'would-be-nice' preference. The most important thing to me is that it's bookstyle, durable, nice looking, and with a light, preferably.

Also, I saw pictures of the red cover with the white, it looked very nice, but I'm kind of picky about shades of red, would 'go-with-anything-black' look nice or not?

Has anyone tried ones made by 'Evecase' or 'Navitech', just wondering about fit/quality. etc.

I appreciate your input and opinions. I'd like to order the cover soonish.

Last edited by Blue2u; 05-23-2012 at 09:10 PM. Reason: clarification
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:25 PM   #447
no.guru
Crazy like a
no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350
A simple neoprene sleeve works fine for my T-1. It's intended for a nook, but the branding is not easy to see. I usually leave the T-1 at home, anyway, and slip the 350 in my pocket because it's much more portable.

I love the T-1 and would gladly use it indefinitely, but I don't expect it to last much longer than my 505 did. Even if it does, another couple of years will see a new reader for me - so I can't justify spending much on a cover that may or may not fit my next reader.

Last edited by no.guru; 05-23-2012 at 09:29 PM. Reason: added 2nd graph
no.guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:28 PM   #448
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
Hmmm, I tried skimming through, but 30 pages is a lot! I am in the process of getting the Sony PRS T1, and it's likely going to be white.
I really want a nice book style cover for it with built-in light, it's just what works best for me.

I'm in Canada, and the Sony covers with lights are on sale right now for $45 [regular $55] at BestBuy and Future Shop. I did read that someone here wasn't happy with that one, and for $45 I definitely want to be happy!
My mother and mother-in-law both have a T1 with the Sony light cover. Both are happy with them. If I had a T1, I'd be happy with the Sony light cover.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:30 PM   #449
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by no.guru View Post
A simple neoprene sleeve works fine for my T-1. It's intended for a nook, but the branding is not easy to see. I usually leave the T-1 at home, anyway, and slip the 350 in my pocket because it's much more portable.

I love the T-1 and would gladly use it indefinitely, but I don't expect it to last much longer than my 505 did. Even if it does, another couple of years will see a new reader for me - so I can't justify spending much on a cover that may or may not fit my next reader.
You can't buy a cover for a current model reader that will also fit some future reader. But don't buy a cheap cover just because it's cheap. Buy a cover that's going to give good protection.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:28 AM   #450
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post

I like the looks of the SkinDigital one that a poster here just had pictures of, and I think it was $15, I believe it was just on the previous page. But I'd like a light too. Thoughts? Not sure I'm happy about a clip-on light, I think I prefer the convenience of a built-in type.

So, my question is, is there a definitive list somewhere that says which covers besides the Sony legitimately fit the T1? And do some of you regular posters remember seeing any with a light? I'd also prefer a rechargeable light, but I don't use it that often so it's not a 'make-or-break-deal', just a 'would-be-nice' preference. The most important thing to me is that it's bookstyle, durable, nice looking, and with a light, preferably.

Also, I saw pictures of the red cover with the white, it looked very nice, but I'm kind of picky about shades of red, would 'go-with-anything-black' look nice or not?

Has anyone tried ones made by 'Evecase' or 'Navitech', just wondering about fit/quality. etc.

I appreciate your input and opinions. I'd like to order the cover soonish.
I have a red T1 with a white cover lighted Sony cover. I really love the Sony lighted cover - it's fits the T1 really well, it is very light, and I find that the light doesn't add as much extra bulk as the light on the PRS-350 cover did (I have that one, too). I use rechargeable AAA batteries with both of my lighted covers (for the 350 and the T1). The batteries last quite a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no.guru View Post
I really get that. I had wanted to get a sort of 'standard fit' cover when I was looking for a cover for the T1 but I didn't see any that I liked, and I like having a built-in light. I'm kind of tempted to get the Sony zip-up ebook reader cover, or something similar. I probably will, next time I'm in North America, as my husband broke the 505's cover and I don't like leaving it unprotected, and I will hopefully be able to use it on future ebook readers.