Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-24-2018, 09:15 AM   #1
marp68
Addict
marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Problems with Collection after updated Calibre and Kobo firmware

Hi

Yesterday I updated to latest Calibre after a windows reinstallation and then imported my Calibre library with all books. In Calibre I can see the My Shelves with the configured tags I use for Collections in my Kobo.

I have also updated the Kobo device firmware. All Collections seems okej. All books on the device are also sorted in the Collection section accordingly with My Shelves in Calibre.

I then added a new book to Calibre and choosed a name in the My Shelves field. Then I sent it to my Kobo device. But then it does not appear in Collections, only in the section Books, sorted under Author and/or book name as usual.

So, why doesn't the new book appears in the Collection section on my Kobo, since I defined a name in the My Shelves n Calibre?

So, is it becaused of the updated Calibre or updated firmware?

Any idea?

Thanks
Martin
marp68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 09:15 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
After installing calibre, did you configure the KoboTouch driver (or the KoboTouchExtended driver if you use it) to use you "My Shelves" column as the collections column? Not doing that is the simplest answer to why this isn't working.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2018, 11:31 AM   #3
marp68
Addict
marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

And the answer worked. Thanks. Had forgot about all that. I think I will do self help guide for the things I've done in Calibre and device. For next reinstallation or update...
Old 06-01-2018, 06:23 AM   #4
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
An other neat way is to create a backup via "Export/import all calibre data".

When you create a library with the structure from your existing library and use this as backup you will have a little empty "template" including your general calibre setup, plugins and library structure.
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 02:02 PM   #5
marp68
Addict

That's great! I will defnitely do that next time. Is it important to do that even if one only install updates?

M
Advert
Old 06-01-2018, 02:29 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by marp68 View Post
That's great! I will defnitely do that next time. Is it important to do that even if one only install updates?

M
Rare. I would keep a backup of the Current settings. Plugins are usually easy to get the latest (PI are stored IN the settings folder), but any time you make a PI configuration change, pull a new backup as they are also saved there (some are stored IN the Library. those are per/library)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 02:29 AM   #7
marp68
Addict

ok, thanks

Is there a specific PI backup or do you mean a new backup of the Current settings of Calibre?
Old 06-08-2018, 10:41 AM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by marp68 View Post
ok, thanks

Is there a specific PI backup or do you mean a new backup of the Current settings of Calibre?
Just do the backup of the Calibre configuration to capture ANY configuration changes. PI's use different schemes, so trying to do a rule for what to back is rather confusing
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 04:41 AM   #9
marp68
Addict

ok, thanks