Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 09:24 AM   #1
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
Best ebook price comparison?

Inkmesh's http://www.inkmesh.com/ results don't often match up with the prices in the stores, are there any better alternatives?
Old 05-29-2012, 11:00 AM   #2
RHWright
Addict
RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NOOK ST, Nexus 7
I don't really use inkmesh much for pricing, more for where things are available when my primary source (B&N; I'm a NOOK user) does not have what I'm looking for.
Advert
Old 06-01-2012, 03:19 AM   #3
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
A couple of suggestions, Rachel:
- Please add ebooks.com to your search engine; I bought The Labyrinth Makers by Anthony Price from them last night, but your site says it's not available.
- Please at least try to give prices in the enquirer's country of origin currency. Your site says that it's coming on Waterstones, and gives a price in UK pounds, which means that I have to work out how much that is in Australian dollars.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:25 AM   #4
rwillmer
luzme.com
rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Glo, iPhone, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
A couple of suggestions, Rachel:
- Please add ebooks.com to your search engine; I bought The Labyrinth Makers by Anthony Price from them last night, but your site says it's not available.
What a great series that is! If this is the first one you're reading, you're in for a real treat...

I'll see what I can do about ebooks.com; last time I looked, their datafeed was unreliable, but they may have improved it.

Quote:
- Please at least try to give prices in the enquirer's country of origin currency. Your site says that it's coming on Waterstones, and gives a price in UK pounds, which means that I have to work out how much that is in Australian dollars.
A good suggestion; I'm just about to start implementing that...

Thanks for the suggestions, much appreciated.

Rachel
Old 06-01-2012, 06:10 AM   #5
OddCosine
Connoisseur
OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Calibre has a "Get Books" feature that will search a bunch of stores for price, availability and DRM status. You can choose from a pretty big list of stores, though I don't know how well suited it is for Sweden.
Advert
Closed Thread