Notices

Old 05-09-2018, 03:30 AM   #1636
cgronier
cgronier began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O , Calibre on Mac OS, COPS on QNAP TS451A, eBook Search on iOS
Mariosipad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariosipad View Post
1a - COPS is language localized. Collections is french for series.
If you want to use “series” in cops you can:
- change the language of your device to english, or
- change the french language file in the /lang directory, or
- use the command at the bottom of the config_local.php file and use the english language (never tried it).
Thanks for the hint.
I modified the original French language file and created a copy (so the maintenance of future releases will be easier).
I added the $config['cops_language'] parameter in config_local.php.
NOTE : the syntax of this parameter is the language code. I.E. the xxx part of "Localization_xxx.json"
Si in my case it's $config['cops_language'] = "frCHG" because the file name of my personal language file is "Localization_frCHG.json"

Quote:
1b - config_default.php should not be changed fron the default.
Any changes in the parameters should be placed in config_local.php.
I always copy config_default.php to config_local.php and then change options in the config_local.php file. You can leave out any not changed line out of config_Local.php.
COPS first reads config_default.php and then config_local.php.
Thanks for the info.
I cleaned up my settings, put all the parameters in config_local.php and set back config_default.php to it's original settings.

Quote:
1c - for AuthGroupFile /dev/null to work you need to enable the module authz_groupfile (with a2enmod authz_groupfile in debian/ubuntu/apache. I do not know if this works on a QNAP)
This is beyond my confort zone !
I don't know how to access the Apache settings on a Qnap with the standard tools.
I will leave it as it is. It works. I just hope the security is the same without this parameter active.

I now hope someone will have a look at my custom column issue
Tanks in advance to the experts !
cgronier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 12:02 PM   #1637
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
... and for the stuff that does not work ...... it works for me (with a small test database), but that does not help you much....

I suspect that there is probably something wrong in your database.
Reload the database in calibre and save. Then copy the database to the qnap and try again. Or first try with a small test database.
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2018, 06:03 PM   #1638
cgronier

Following Mariosipad's advice, I created a small test database.

In this small database I created a custom column (called 'demo') and populated the field with various values : Value1 ; Value2 and Value3.

I have the same behavior as with my main database :

The custom field displays in the main window.
A click on the field opens a window with the correct page title, values and counts.
But a click on one of the values only get's the rolling beans next to the page title.

Also, the custom column title and values don't appear in the book preview as I understand they should.

So I assume there is something wrong with my COPS settings.

All my settings are now in the config_local.php file :

<?php
if (!isset($config))
$config = array();
$config['calibre_directory'] = array ("CalibreChG" => "/share/Multimedia/Calibre/", "Calibre_Demo" => "/share/Multimedia/CalibreDemo/", "Calibre_Demo2" => "/share/Multimedia/CalibreDemo2/");
$config['cops_title_default'] = "CaLibre";
$config['cops_subtitle_default'] = "Epub et PDF";
$config['cops_author_split_first_letter'] = '0';
$config['cops_titles_split_first_letter'] = '0';
$config['cops_calibre_custom_column'] = array ("collection", "demo");
$config['cops_calibre_custom_column_list'] = array ("collection", "demo");
$config['cops_calibre_custom_column_preview'] = array ("collection", "demo");
$config['cops_language'] = "frCHG";
$config['cops_use_url_rewriting'] = "1";

Please have a look at the screenshots attached.

Any clue where I should look into ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	COPS Custom Column issue.png
Views:	551
Size:	165.3 KB
ID:	163901  
Old 05-09-2018, 06:39 PM   #1639
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

I don’t see anything wrong with your config_local.php. So I cannot reproduce your problem.

What version of php is the qnap using ./cops/checkconfig.php?
What version of calibre are you using (on macOS)?
What version of cops are you using?

Can you try on macOS (or windows or linux) with firefox instead of safari? (Safari/webkit should work on iOS)
Old 05-11-2018, 11:43 AM   #1640
cgronier

My version on php is : 5.6.63
My version of calibre (Mac OS) is 3.23.0 (latest AFAIK)
My version of COPS is 1.1.1 (copied form GitHub)

Reminder :
I have done some testing of my issue regarding the fact that I can't go beyond the summary page of a custom field (please refer to the picture I attached to post #1638)

Mac OS - LAN access - HTML - Safari : does not work (rolling beans)
Mac OS - LAN access - HTML - Google Chrome : does not work (rolling beans)
Mac OS - LAN access - HTML - Firefox : does not work (rolling beans)
iOS (iPhone/iPad) - LAN access - HTML - iOS browser : does not work (blank/gray page)
iOS (iPhone/iPad) - WAN access - HTML - iOS browser : does not work (blank/gray page)

but :
iOS (iPhone and iPad) - WAN access - FEED (http://[MYIP]/COPS/feed.php) - eBook Search app : WORKS !

So what do you think is going wrong ?
Advert
Old 05-11-2018, 04:17 PM   #1641
mariosipad
Guru

There is nothing, as far as I can understand and test, wrong with the versions of COPS, PHP and calibre.

Did you test with and without the password option working in .htaccess?
And did you (of course you did) restart/reboot your qnap?
And COPS works as expected if you do not use (click on) the custom columns?

The OPDS feed of COPS ( http://[MYIP]/COPS/feed.php ) works as far as I understand COPS through PHP and not apache.

If you use an OPDS enabled ebook reader on iOS that would fix your problem, but not if you want to use your Kobo webbrowser with COPS.

What I can advise is:
- make a new installation of COPS in a new directory on your Qnap (../cops2)
- start with copying config_default.php to config_local.php
- only add one calibre (test) database to config_local.php
> test if this works
- add $config['cops_calibre_custom_column'] = array ("demo");
> test if this works
- etc. if it works just keep adding line after line. If not
(maybe there is weird typo somewhere that neither of us sees .....)

The line $config['cops_subtitle_default'] = "Epub et PDF"; should have no effect in Apache.
Old 05-11-2018, 04:29 PM   #1642
cgronier

For sure, and thanks to your advice, I have now a better understanding of COPS than when I started a few days ago.
So it may be that I messed up something in the early settings.

I will definitely try the step by step method you suggest.
It will however take me a few days as I am busy on another project.
I will post the results of the troubleshooting in this thread.
Thanks for the help so far.
Old 05-12-2018, 11:38 AM   #1643
cgronier

Good news.
I applied the method suggested by Mariosipad and tested the settings step by step.
Well... all woks as expected in the end !
I have
- the multiple database view
- the custom language file (because I don't like the French name of Collection for the 'Series'
- the htaccess password
- and of course the custom column (and even a different custom column for two different databases), that can be clicked and is displayed across all screens

In the end I can't tell what when wrong as the settings of the test setting seem to be the same as for the non-working setting.

So far this can be put on the account that I can have messed up something, somewhere, without knowing. Which would not be a surprise due to my poor (no) knowledge of php.

But there is more to this.

In order to do the testing I created a new COPS folder, named differently than the original non-working (I.E. 'COPSTEST' vs 'COPS').
So 'COPSTEST' works as it should and 'COPS' has the non-working custom column issue.

After this testing I cleaned up the Web folder and renamed the non-working 'COPS' to 'COPS_OLD' and the working one to 'COPS'.
Surprisingly the one now called 'COPS' (which has the new setting) get's the problem !
And the one now called 'COPS_OLD' (which was for far having a problem) works properly !!
Which means that the name 'COPS' seems to be the cause of the problem...
I tried other names around and in the end, any name works, except 'COPS'.

Of course I blamed the browser caches and tested the issue with different browsers, clearing the caches each time.
I even tested this on my wife's PC that has never been connected to the server.
I can reproduce the problem each time.

In the end, I can live with a folder named anything except 'COPS', but I would like to understand why the name of the 'COPS' folder can create this problem.

Finally, warm thanks to Mariosipad for having put me on the path of the troubleshooting process.
Old 05-14-2018, 08:19 AM   #1644
mariosipad
Guru

That certainly is a very strange "problem". One that I cannot reproduce. I think it's not a COPS problem, but probably has something to do with your QNAP. As I do not have one, I cannot test......

Maybe one thing, I (always) use "cops" (lowercase). Do you have the problem only with "COPS" (uppercase)? Not that changing "cops" to "COPS" made any difference for me, everything worked, but it just might help you.

If you ever figure it out, let us know!
Old 06-24-2018, 05:03 AM   #1645
qspeed
qspeed began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PPW
Hello.

I'm using Calibre OPDS to Heroku app (https://calibre-server.herokuapp.com/). And my library to google drive + local.

How to config_default.php to show 2 libraries: Google Drive + Local?!

Thanks all.
qspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 01:20 PM   #1646
mariosipad
Guru

1 - what OS are you using (Winows, macOS, linux)?

2 - you link does not work
Old 06-25-2018, 06:52 AM   #1647
qspeed

Quote:
1 - what OS are you using (Winows, macOS, linux)?

2 - you link does not work
Thanks for reply.

1. I'm using macOS.

2. Because I'm using Heroku.com, so I want to use Google Drive's library or laptop's library? What link can I write?

P.s: Sorry, I write English so bad

Last edited by qspeed; 06-25-2018 at 06:54 AM.
Old 06-25-2018, 11:15 AM   #1648
mariosipad
Guru

1 - I have no experience with Heroku.com so I cannot help you there.

2 - on this forum (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=282871) using Google drive with calibre (and thus COPS) is not encouraged (just don't do it!)
It's not clear to me if that is even possible.

3 - to access a calibre library on your own laptop (MacBook?) you need to:
a. make the library on your laptop available (share) to heroku.com on the web (trough for instance samba). I would say, just don't do that for security reasons, even if it's possible (no idea).
b. mount that share in Hedoku.com.
c. point COPS config_local.php to those mounts (did not work for me on a debian-linux server)
example:
$config['calibre_directory'] = array ("My database name" => "/mounted/directory/calibre1/", "My other database name" => "/mounted/directory/calibre2/");

Sorry I cannot be of more help.

PS: I'm no native English speaker either so no worries there.
Old 06-26-2018, 12:21 AM   #1649
qspeed

Quote:
1 - I have no experience with Heroku.com so I cannot help you there.

2 - on this forum (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=282871) using Google drive with calibre (and thus COPS) is not encouraged (just don't do it!)
It's not clear to me if that is even possible.

3 - to access a calibre library on your own laptop (MacBook?) you need to:
a. make the library on your laptop available (share) to heroku.com on the web (trough for instance samba). I would say, just don't do that for security reasons, even if it's possible (no idea).
b. mount that share in Hedoku.com.
c. point COPS config_local.php to those mounts (did not work for me on a debian-linux server)
example:
$config['calibre_directory'] = array ("My database name" => "/mounted/directory/calibre1/", "My other database name" => "/mounted/directory/calibre2/");

Sorry I cannot be of more help.

PS: I'm no native English speaker either so no worries there.
Thanks for reply, mariosipad.

If I use Dropbox for my library, How do I edit config?
Old 06-26-2018, 01:43 AM   #1650
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by qspeed View Post
Hello.

I'm using Calibre OPDS to Heroku app (https://calibre-server.herokuapp.com/). And my library to google drive + local.

How to config_default.php to show 2 libraries: Google Drive + Local?!

Thanks all.
A quick perusal of the Heroku site suggests it's not gonna be simple to do that.

Have you considered full web hosting/cloud computing? Google Cloud Platform offers a free tier that's probably more than sufficient for most home users.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology