Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-14-2010, 10:57 PM   #1
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Velocity Micro Cruz "SE" ?

Just ordered a Micro Cruz "SE". When Microsoft updated Windows 98 it was called 98 SE (second edition). Anybody know what it means here?

The specs look good enough for my needs, but only time will tell. All I really want to do is check personal email, keep contacts and read books. So, after I've installed the Kindle and txtr ereader apps and locate something to keep my contacts I should be ready to go.

If anybody has any suggestions as to how I should proceed, I would appreciate hearing from you.

Regards - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 07:53 AM   #2
bobw
bobw is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle, PRS-600, PRS-500, Pandigital Novel, Android Phone
Picked one up and playing with it. So far as I can tell, the SE is missing the cradle and comes with a 2gb internal microSD card instead of a 4gb card.

Still debating on it. Works as a reader; the video link is missing, so you can't watch youtube videos directly and a bit heavy. But kinda cool. Faster and easier to use than my smartphone, but slower than my netbook. LOVE it when laying in bed.
bobw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2010, 04:06 PM   #3
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobw View Post
Picked one up and playing with it. So far as I can tell, the SE is missing the cradle and comes with a 2gb internal microSD card instead of a 4gb card.
Thanks for the reply. I called Velocity Micro and they confirmed what you said. No other differences. They also said it would be easy to upgrade the micro SD myself. Apparently the back cover can be removed by sticking your finger in the edge of the SD card slot and popping it off. I'll see.

Regards - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote