Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-29-2017, 03:31 AM   #1
Cyberseeker
Connoisseur
Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad
Kobo Checkout Problem

I've joined Kobo and trying to buy a few books. My account has my credit card and address details, and I'm logged in, and selected 4 books.

However, when I click checkout, I seem to be treated as a stranger. I'm asked for all my details again, even my country. My financial details are not there as they were before going to checkout.

Why is this happening?
Cyberseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 10:17 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Apparently, you're not logged into your account through the country you live in.

You need to check on which Kobo.[which country] you logged into when you first registered.

(As an example with Amazon, when I look at an ebook on Amazon.UK, I'm not logged in because I have no account with them. If I foolishly attempt to buy an ebook from them, there are no details of my account.)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2017, 11:44 AM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Apparently, you're not logged into your account through the country you live in.

You need to check on which Kobo.[which country] you logged into when you first registered.

(As an example with Amazon, when I look at an ebook on Amazon.UK, I'm not logged in because I have no account with them. If I foolishly attempt to buy an ebook from them, there are no details of my account.)
There is no Kobo UK vs Kobo US vs Kobo AU, etc. It's one Kobo account no matter where you are (although you can go into the account and change where Kobo "thinks" you are).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 12:42 PM   #4
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberseeker View Post
I've joined Kobo and trying to buy a few books. My account has my credit card and address details, and I'm logged in, and selected 4 books.

However, when I click checkout, I seem to be treated as a stranger. I'm asked for all my details again, even my country. My financial details are not there as they were before going to checkout.

Why is this happening?
Did you log in on the customer or author side?
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote