Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-20-2013, 02:06 PM   #1
jjansen
J
jjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: SONY PRS 505/300, iRex DR800SG, Nook
Author and Series Indexing?

I am sorry if this is already answered but I couldn't find it. I am looking at a Kobo Touch for my mother. I will be loading all her books from Calibre. There will probably be 1,000 books on it. Using standard software does the Kobo Touch give a list of authors that you can then select from to filter the books displayed? Can you also get a list of series so that you can then choose one? I saw a thread about creating bookshelves for each series but Mum will have more than a hundred series so that won't be appropriate. She also has arthritis very badly. I am hoping that the Touch is quite sensitive and easy to flip pages.

If the Touch doesn't display indexes or lists of authors and/or series does one of the other Kobo devices? Thanks.........Jackie
jjansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 02:09 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
You can have calibre automate entirely thje making of shelves baded on items such as series name or Author.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2013, 12:44 AM   #3
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjansen View Post
I am sorry if this is already answered but I couldn't find it. I am looking at a Kobo Touch for my mother. I will be loading all her books from Calibre. There will probably be 1,000 books on it. Using standard software does the Kobo Touch give a list of authors that you can then select from to filter the books displayed? Can you also get a list of series so that you can then choose one? I saw a thread about creating bookshelves for each series but Mum will have more than a hundred series so that won't be appropriate. She also has arthritis very badly. I am hoping that the Touch is quite sensitive and easy to flip pages.

If the Touch doesn't display indexes or lists of authors and/or series does one of the other Kobo devices? Thanks.........Jackie
I don't have a touch or a glo, but I think the glo may be a better choice. I have a mini and an Aura HD and I far prefer the mini. It is small and light and I can read fine with almost as much text displayed per page as my larger readers. Unless your mother needs really large fonts you might consider the mini. About $50.

Helen

PS shelves work much the same as the Sony collections using calibre.
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote