Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-07-2018, 12:08 AM   #1
plandy
plandy will become famous soon enoughplandy will become famous soon enoughplandy will become famous soon enoughplandy will become famous soon enoughplandy will become famous soon enoughplandy will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 3 300ppi
Thumbs up Hello from New comer

Just signed up after finding this friendly board from Google search. Lots of positive vibration here. Looking forward to reading and sharing experience.
Thanks,
Peter
plandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 01:14 AM   #2
02xda2
moddedmad
02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Hi Peter,

Greetings and Welcome to MobileRead !
02xda2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2018, 04:38 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Peter and welcome to MobileRead. How do you like your Kindle and what sort of books do you like to read on it?
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 12:45 AM   #4
plandy
plandy will become famous soon enoughplandy will become famous soon enoughplandy will become famous soon enoughplandy will become famous soon enoughplandy will become famous soon enoughplandy will become famous soon enough

Thumbs up

Thanks for the Welcome :-)

Well, to be exact my 6" 300 ppi, 7th generation, Kindle reader is a new purchase on the way from a Ebay vendor. Should arrive around the 12th. But I'm excited to get started with updating, setup and loading with ebooks. I do have some experience with my current Sony PRS 350 e-reader. Over all a nice, basic device but with very limited features not the best for my tired eyes. So that's the reason I'm upgrading to the back lighted Kindle. What e-reader everyone here using?

Ohh, about books I'm into alternative media, truth out - behind the scene/ expose but mostly non fiction.

Thanks,
Peter

Last edited by plandy; 02-09-2018 at 12:51 AM.
Old 02-09-2018, 06:30 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by plandy View Post
What e-reader everyone here

Thanks,
Peter
Lots of Kobo and Kindle users but we have plenty of members who use all the other eBook readers
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2018, 12:38 AM   #6
plandy

Thumbs up Good to be back here :-)

For me the current Kindle 6 300 ppi is a new attraction but I'm keeping an eye out for future upgrade. In my opinion the best ereader is the one that's best suited for your budget and purpose. I guess if price was no object I would have opted for Kindle Oasis. So at this writing my new Kindle is here as I busy myself loading my current PDF library. It looks good especially with adjustable back lighting which at this point almost all ereaders have but my Sony PRS 350 did not.

Regards, Peter
Old 02-17-2018, 09:37 PM   #7
ienosos
ienosos will become famous soon enoughienosos will become famous soon enoughienosos will become famous soon enoughienosos will become famous soon enoughienosos will become famous soon enoughienosos will become famous soon enough

Device: Android phone, Android tablet
Hi! I'm new too. I mostly read on my phone, a tablet, and my oldest Kindle Fire, using the Aldiko reading app (paid version).

I like my e-ink Nook for reading in the sun but it's really a little slow and too hard to page through all the books I have for it to be something I want to just sit around and read with all the time.

I'd bet a backlit e-ink reader will be nice. And the newer ones are all touch screen, right? My old nook has a little bitty touch screen at the bottom but it's not very useful. Still, it beats reading with a tablet screen in the sun any day of the week!

I'm planning to get a new e-ink soon. I might have to check out the Oasis.

Last edited by ienosos; 02-17-2018 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Had a thought! :D
ienosos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:48 AM   #8
plandy

Thumbs up

Hi Ienosos

I can see you may be new here but not with e-readers :-) So yes, the older (probably cheaper) models are good example to get started to see if it's better than reading an actual paper book. Of course it is, since we can select fonts, layouts, ect depending on the e-reader version. So far I like my new Kindle 7th generation paperwhite. A huge upgrade from my old Sony Prs-350 . As you guessed the backlighting makes a big difference. Of course there are additional menu choices which the old readers lack. I was very surprised how quickly around 335 ebooks was downloaded from calibre to kindle so the hardware is much faster. Yea, I'm thinking of the oasis for future upgrade but I'm pretty happy with this progress Let me know when you upgrade and what you think of it.