Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 09-28-2017, 11:33 AM   #1
jraffa
Enthusiast
jraffa began at the beginning.

Device: none
Captcha

I forgot my password and went into the procedure. The captcha is absolutely unintelligible. I could not be able to understand the letters, they were very confused, distorted and with too different colors. The audio file is worse, I am not a native english speaker and I could not understand that file either.
While understanding a single image is almost impossible, the unrelentless unsatisfied captcha also gives you 2 images in a sequence, making the task even harder

I wanted to contact the admin but also that page was protected by the same captcha

At last I was able to recover somehow my password, otherwise I would have been stuck

Can't you use, for ex., Google reCAPTCHA or something else? That captcha is
really impossible to do. I don't know for native english speaker, but for foreigners it is really too hard
jraffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 01:31 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Does our captcha not allow the user to cycle through different images to find one(s) they can make out? I've never run into one that didn't. I've rarely been able to use the originally presented images on any captcha-protect site, but I've always been able to cycle though to one I could make out.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 03:52 PM   #3
jraffa
Enthusiast

as far as I understood, no cycling is possible. I have tried different times, a lot of times, and in the end i was NOT able to make it
Old 09-30-2017, 07:09 AM   #4
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I looked at 3 different CAPTCHAs and they all seemed as straightforward as any I've seen. Perhaps more non-native English speakers need to weigh in on whether they find these difficult.
Click image for larger version

Name:	5B793A36-5F78-49C6-BA9E-90E4013DB3F1.jpeg
Views:	304
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	159228Click image for larger version

Name:	2F676353-07EB-4459-A08B-7A304F971EFF.jpeg
Views:	306
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	159229Click image for larger version

Name:	76647D76-CA53-4A53-9E86-A2BC934DC900.jpeg
Views:	298
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	159230
If a CAPTCHA is too difficult or obscure, a new one can be chosen by clicking on the circular arrow.

Name:	61A6AF73-2111-46FB-A954-3E9F57D23826.jpeg
Views:	315
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	159231
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 07:54 AM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
If a CAPTCHA is too difficult or obscure, a new one can be chosen by clicking on the circular arrow.
Thanks for confirming. In my experience, nearly all of them do.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 08:05 AM   #6
jraffa
Enthusiast

The screens you posted look nowhere similar to the captchas I have experienced. I will try if now I see the same catpchas I saw or captchas like the ones you see
Old 09-30-2017, 08:28 AM   #7
jraffa
Enthusiast

These are more similar to the ones I got. Can you do them?

Now, At first I tried with Chrome and I got captchas similar to yours. Then I switched to Tor, still captchas similar to yours. After clicking a few times on "new captcha" button, I got the attached captchas

But when I posted the first post in this thread, I got these harder captchas straight-away with Chrome

I also think some of them where even harder, with "3D" letters
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	captcha1.png
Views:	359
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	159232   Click image for larger version

Name:	captcha2.png
Views:	341
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	159233   Click image for larger version

Name:	captcha3.png
Views:	326
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	159234   Click image for larger version

Name:	captcha4.png
Views:	320
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	159235  
Old 09-30-2017, 01:08 PM   #8
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jraffa View Post
These are more similar to the ones I got. Can you do them?

Now, At first I tried with Chrome and I got captchas similar to yours. Then I switched to Tor, still captchas similar to yours. After clicking a few times on "new captcha" button, I got the attached captchas

But when I posted the first post in this thread, I got these harder captchas straight-away with Chrome

I also think some of them where even harder, with "3D" letters
Those captchas are obviously rendering incorrectly. I have no idea why that is, but perhaps one of our more tech-savvy members could help. Outside of the one that was intended to read (I suppose) "time is an illusion," I have no idea what they are intended to convey. I would be locked out as well if I had to answer any of those.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
catpcha