Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 01-25-2016, 03:02 PM   #1
abdabi
abdabi began at the beginning.

Device: calibre
pocket articles

Since yesterday I receive the following error loading pocket articles (from getpocket.com):

urllib2.URLError: <urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:581)>

I already tried to monkeypatch the python ssl module to disable all ssl verification, like this:

import ssl
ssl.create_default_context = ssl._create_unverified_context

the issue remains... any idea?
abdabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 09:57 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Install themissing ssl root certificates in your operating system
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2016, 11:28 AM   #3
abdabi

update: I followed the instuctions here

http://www.sqlservermart.com/HowTo/W...rtificate.aspx

to import the missing ssl certificate, which I exported from Firefox before. The corresponding sll certificate is now placed in the trusted root folder, but I receive the same error message as before

ps: thanks for your advice
Old 01-26-2016, 01:46 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I assume you are on some variant of linux, in which case installing ssl certificates involves more than just copying the file in, you typically have to run some distro dependent command like update-ca-certificates or something like that.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 02:19 PM   #5
abdabi

I moved my portable version of calibre to my netbook (win7 --> win8). Now I receive the same problem again. I assume pocket has changed something.

Update: I tried now an older portable version of calibre (2.0) and it works like a charm!

Last edited by abdabi; 01-29-2016 at 02:46 PM.
Advert