Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-26-2023, 08:18 PM   #46
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I was gonna post the same. I even have a $5 Amazon credit from Bing and a KU exclusive' lined up for purchase. Man, I'm a nerd.
I just spent my $5 bing credit. Lol. Bummer.

And I do have a huge KU wishlist. But don't subscribe right now. I do hit it once in a while and sort it 'low to high', and sometimes get a few freebies sort to the top! The KU stuff seems to be what goes free more often than the other stuff.

I'm a nerd right along with you. Lol.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 10:23 PM   #47
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskyRose View Post
II do have a huge KU wishlist. But don't subscribe right now. I do hit it once in a while and sort it 'low to high', and sometimes get a few freebies sort to the top! The KU stuff seems to be what goes free more often than the other stuff.
The reason I'm looking for stuff included with Kindel Unlimited is because those are the books exlusive to Amazon and are about the only ebooks I buy from Amazon any longer.

Quote:
I'm a nerd right along with you. Lol.
Welcome!
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2023, 08:00 AM   #48
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
And the question is... What is the cheapest non-free Kindle book? I've got several $9.99 books on my wishlist, but it's not worth it to me to spend much over $10.
I've found what I wanted, that is, it popped up, willy-nilly, for the next "Spend $10 promotion".*

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WHRCX5V

Clicking on the link will also show several other 1¢ options. I figure I'll bookmark a few, just in case the price fluctuates.

*In truth, it was a 2¢ book that first popped up.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B092QRWH5P

I note it was published by Pen & Sword, so a search on that in the future might be fruitful.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 02:02 PM   #49
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sigh. Amazon's upped the ante. The current Rewards bonus is 400 points for a purchase of $20 between May 11 and May 17.

I had my plans for the next $10 promotion and this won't work out nearly as well. This is getting pretty rich for my blood. It doesn't let you roll over the 200 points into the next $10 purchase. It may be time for me to get off the carousel.
Old 05-11-2023, 10:00 PM   #50
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
It's also sneaky you have to activate the "card" first to get the bonus points on these dates.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2023, 02:53 PM   #51
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
I got the bonus points then when I wanted to buy a $20 ebook hoping to get $6 Off instead of $3 It only gave me the $3 UGH!!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 10:27 AM   #52
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
I got an email last night, AFTER I went to bed, that there was double points on the rewards THAT day. By the time I checked my mail this morning, of course it was over.

I was in and out of Amazon yesterday, so if it was active on the rewards page I didn't notice it. So, it might or might not have been active.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 12:56 AM   #53
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskyRose View Post
I got an email last night, AFTER I went to bed, that there was double points on the rewards THAT day. By the time I checked my mail this morning, of course it was over.

I was in and out of Amazon yesterday, so if it was active on the rewards page I didn't notice it. So, it might or might not have been active.
It was indeed active. I got the same late email just a few hours before the deadline. I did manage to snag a couple books, and I did get double points. Perturbing, though, that the notification went out so late.

Last edited by odamizu; 05-25-2023 at 12:58 AM.
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 01:48 AM   #54
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
I just got an email from Amazon saying:

Quote:
  • Beginning June 1, 2023 you will earn 3 Kindle Points per dollar spent on Kindle books [previously it was 5 Kindle Points per dollar]
  • Kindle Points earned on or after June 1, 2023 will expire after 3 months [previously it was 6 months]. Any Kindle Points earned before that date will still expire after 6 months.
Has anyone figured out how to tell when your Kindle Points are expiring?
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 10:54 AM   #55
Dsharma
Enthusiast
Dsharma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dsharma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dsharma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dsharma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dsharma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dsharma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dsharma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dsharma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dsharma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dsharma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dsharma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
I just got an email from Amazon saying:

Has anyone figured out how to tell when your Kindle Points are expiring?
I got the same email and was a bit bummed out.

About tracking the expiry, I just keep a note in my phone. I jot down the date when I purchase a book and count three months (or six for older points) from there. Not the most high-tech solution, but it works!

Honestly, I think Amazon could do a better job with this. It'd be great if they just had an expiry date right next to the points in the account.
Dsharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 11:14 AM   #56
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

Amazon's really scaling back the level of kickback on this program. First they doubled the outlay from $10 to $20 on the big bonus premium, and now they've cut both the time and the percentage on ordinary credits earned. I've got $3 to convert and use (and now I need to think a bit about dates, but I don't think I'm in the danger zone yet) but then I'm done. I'd rather buy from Kobo anyway.

If you're buying from Kindle anyway certainly anything's better than nothing and it also serves as an effective discount on Big Five purchases, but even so, cutting back on the benefits is going to leave a bad taste in even loyalists' mouths. Introducing the cutbacks gradually might have been more palatable -- or maybe it's like swallowing medicine. Get it down quick.

ETA: Hmm. I wonder if Amazon's eyeing Kobo's VIP program? Could the next change be a membership fee? I wouldn't be surprised.
Old 05-31-2023, 12:59 PM   #57
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2 64 gb, Nook Glowlight, iPad 4 (128 gb)
Wink

Quote:
Amazon's really scaling back the level of kickback on this program.
Somebody has to pay for Lauren’s 20-carat engagement ring. 🤣
dandelioncottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 01:31 PM   #58
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Amazon's really scaling back the level of kickback on this program. First they doubled the outlay from $10 to $20 on the big bonus premium, and now they've cut both the time and the percentage on ordinary credits earned. I've got $3 to convert and use (and now I need to think a bit about dates, but I don't think I'm in the danger zone yet) but then I'm done. I'd rather buy from Kobo anyway.

If you're buying from Kindle anyway certainly anything's better than nothing and it also serves as an effective discount on Big Five purchases, but even so, cutting back on the benefits is going to leave a bad taste in even loyalists' mouths. Introducing the cutbacks gradually might have been more palatable -- or maybe it's like swallowing medicine. Get it down quick.

ETA: Hmm. I wonder if Amazon's eyeing Kobo's VIP program? Could the next change be a membership fee? I wouldn't be surprised.
My guess is they're going to axe the program entirely and this is just another step in winding it down.

Or it's enshittification, can't ever rule that out.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 01:34 PM   #59
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelioncottage View Post
Somebody has to pay for Lauren’s 20-carat engagement ring. 🤣
...not to mention the tasteful figurehead modeled on Sanchez for Bezos' new yacht.

Click image for larger version

Name:	71137053-12098745-image-m-73_1684418600909.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	201791
Old 05-31-2023, 02:21 PM   #60
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
My guess is they're going to axe the program entirely and this is just another step in winding it down.
Expect some quote soon that is something like:
Quote:
In 2023, we launched Kindle Rewards to make it easier for customers to be rewarded for their purchases. However, the program has not grown to create the impact that we had originally hoped. Our ability to have an impact was often spread too thin.

We are writing to let you know that we plan to wind down Kindle Rewards by [insert date].
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote