Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-15-2017, 02:45 PM   #1
Nicolafred
Nicolafred began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Marking books as Read

Hi,
I was wondering if someone might be able to help me figure out this problem...

I am using Calibre to manage my Kobo Aura on my Mac. Ive had no problems until recently, when my calibre just couldnt read my kobo library.

So I restarted my Kobo and restored it to factory settings. The problem is that I lost all my 'Read' status from my books.

I have my library also in Goodreads, with when I read the books. Is there any way to transfer the read status to the books on my device?

I have custom columns for series, and goodreads, but if I'm honest I have no clue what I'm doing beyond that. I don't know how to configure past the linking of books, so when I sync from shelves it doesn't do anything.

Is the read status saved at any point on the calibre system??

Any help or even manual solutions would be awesome!! Thank you!
Nicolafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 06:51 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Calibre doesn't include reading status in its standard metadata. There has been a lot of discussion about how to do this over the years with different people favouring different methods. But, as you have a Kobo device, the obvious method is via my Kobo Utilities plugin. This can automatically fetch the reading status of books from the device when you connect. It can store the percent read and last time read plus enough other information to restore the full reading status to the device later. Plus, it can call the Goodreads Sync plugin to update the status on Goodreads.

I can't remember if you can fetch the date read from Goodreads via the the Goodreads Sync plugin. You can get the read status, but from memory you have to put it into the tag field. I don't use the shelf fetch enough to remember. Once you have that, getting a column populated appropriately for updating the Kobo device is easy. I can't check the details at the moment.

I suggest having a look at the Kobo Utilities plugin. There are a few things to configure, but the help should show you what to do. If you have problems, ask.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert