Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 02-21-2013, 06:10 AM   #4021
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
Thanks for the answer. I try to restart when reinstall again.

@Analogus.

Not many. Four options in tactile screen, book cover in stand by, css modified...

Perhaps problem appear when read in LRF? I remove LRF books, and read only in Epub...

Greetings
ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:17 AM   #4022
delf
delf has learned how to read e-booksdelf has learned how to read e-booksdelf has learned how to read e-booksdelf has learned how to read e-booksdelf has learned how to read e-booksdelf has learned how to read e-booksdelf has learned how to read e-booksdelf has learned how to read e-books

Device: prs-950
Hello,can anybody help
I create new application with FSK Test-Environment for Autorun Applications under MS-Windows, how can i add this app in my real reader(prs950)
delf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:25 AM   #4023
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by delf View Post
Hello,can anybody help
I create new application with FSK Test-Environment for Autorun Applications under MS-Windows, how can i add this app in my real reader(prs950)
Hi and welcome to MR and PRS+App development.

You will have to build your own installer with your App added.
See the WIKI on the project site.
Just check the source-code how it is done for the other applications.

BUT with the current code-state in the repository you will almost certainly get crashes due to low memory on the PRS-950.
So I would suggest to start with PRS+ 2.0.18 sources and remove all other apps to get your own up and running.

That's for the start. Feel free to ask for any needed details.

Last edited by Mark Nord; 02-28-2013 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Link to WIKI added/ Typos
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:09 AM   #4024
delf
delf has learned how to read e-booksdelf has learned how to read e-booksdelf has learned how to read e-booksdelf has learned how to read e-booksdelf has learned how to read e-booksdelf has learned how to read e-booksdelf has learned how to read e-booksdelf has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Nord View Post
Hi and welcome to MR and PRS+App development.

You will have to build your own installer with your App added.
See the WIKI on the project site.
Just check to source-code how it is done for the other applications.

BUT with the current code-state in the repository you will almost certainly get crashes due to low memory on the PRS-950.
So I would suggest to start with PRS+ 2.0.18 sources and remove all other apps to get your own up and running.

Thanks for reply!
I'll try to to understand it.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:27 AM   #4025
delf

Thanks for reply!
go to read Wiki
Old 03-01-2013, 04:15 AM   #4026
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******
BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Just out of interest, what app did you create? Will you share it with us?
BenChen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:16 AM   #4027
delf

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenChen View Post
Just out of interest, what app did you create? Will you share it with us?
I'm creating application for studing the word,if anybody interesting I can share it when I finish
Old 03-01-2013, 07:00 AM   #4028
imageraw
Connoisseur
imageraw began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-650
@Analogus

would it be possible to include a copy&paste function in the PRS+? It'd be just great if it were possible to (say) read an article, copy&paste a sentence or two (to be quoted later in any article I'm writing) onto a bookmark or notepad linked to the very article and completed with my own annotations on the quotation...I'm saving my bookmarks as .txt and transfer them to/from my PC to the PRS 650. I find my annotations on a text in them, though often I forget to specify which specific part of the text they refer to, and...well, you know the feeling: your annotation might take up a very different meaning, etc. Having a quotation next to my annotation would make my life so much easier.

Thoughts?
imageraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:03 AM   #4029
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by elk886 View Post
I just installed the new firmware on my PRS-650 and I'm wondering if anybody else is having a problem when deleting books from the device. When I go to delete a book, instead of taking me back to the collection that I opened the book from, it goes back to the cover of the book I just deleted. Sometimes I get an Invalid Page Error instead of the cover. At this point I have to hold the Home button for 5 or 6 seconds to return to the home screen instead of just pressing it once to take me back to the collection (what I normally do when leaving a book). So has anybody else experienced this problem or is it just me?

I have had this happen 3 times in the last few weeks - with 3 different books: I get to last page of book , press options, select "delete book". I then get "INVALID PAGE" and there is no way to clear that except for a complete shut down and reboot. if I try sleep/wake then the device appears to wake on the books thumbnails display , & still have the deleted book's cover but then goes straight back to invalid page.

but that is 3 times out of 50-100 so what is the explanation. PRS+ on a 650 , latest version.

PS I do not use collections, I typically have just 5 - 9 books loaded at any one time & I use calibre for loading the books
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:32 AM   #4030
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******
BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delf View Post
I'm creating application for studing the word,if anybody interesting I can share it when I finish
That would be good. As someone who has made quite a few of the PRS+ apps, I look forward to seeing how your app looks and how it works!
Old 03-02-2013, 04:36 AM   #4031
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
I have had this happen 3 times in the last few weeks - with 3 different books: I get to last page of book , press options, select "delete book". I then get "INVALID PAGE" and there is no way to clear that except for a complete shut down and reboot. if I try sleep/wake then the device appears to wake on the books thumbnails display , & still have the deleted book's cover but then goes straight back to invalid page.

but that is 3 times out of 50-100 so what is the explanation. PRS+ on a 650 , latest version.

PS I do not use collections, I typically have just 5 - 9 books loaded at any one time & I use calibre for loading the books
That happens occasionally to me, too. But I think it is somehow caused by the EPUB file, not the firmware. (However, when it happens to me, my reader doesn't freeze, and I can press the HOME button to get to the HOME page and then browse books to choose a new book.)
Old 03-03-2013, 07:11 AM   #4032
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post

happened again yesterday - reached last page of a book, pressed options, selected delete book - got invalid page, if I then press home the book thumbnail is still there & if I select all notes there is still 1 note relating to the deleted book, but select that & the device hangs.... have to power off / on to clear.

but then testing with a different book, delete book worked OK,
still looking for an explanation or for help de-bugging this

Last edited by cybmole; 03-04-2013 at 02:24 AM.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:01 PM   #4033
cybmole
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenChen View Post
That happens occasionally to me, too. But I think it is somehow caused by the EPUB file, not the firmware. (However, when it happens to me, my reader doesn't freeze, and I can press the HOME button to get to the HOME page and then browse books to choose a new book.)
i can press home, but other books are not selectable, tapping a thumbnail has no effect. "deleting" a left over note from the deleted book causes a "deleting..." hang up.

I searched for known issues/bug reports for PRS+ but cannot find anything that fits what I am experiencing.
Is this firmware still in active maintenance/development ?

I had yet another occurrence of invalid page today after finishing another book.

But I've had this reader & this firmware for ages, I probably read a book a day - & it only began acting up a few weeks ago. I can't see how the epub files can be to blame as they are fine until I want to delete them! every other reader function & feature seems fine.

maybe I have disconnected the reader from PC one time without ejecting it first, or maybe I need to re-install the firmware .
I am reluctant to seek to blame calibre - which I use for all the book loading - though I suppose it possible that calibre or windows are setting properties on files which affect deletions. I see nothing relevant being reported in calibre forum???
Old 03-04-2013, 10:08 PM   #4034
cybmole
Wizard

UPDATE : I think I@ve proved that thw issue is not casued by specific epubs.

I deleted all books, then added only the book that had last errored out when deleting. I added one random note and selected last page of book, then deleted it ( i.e. trying reproducing the previous error state) but it deleted OK.

so I am now adding back my unread books & hoping that the process of removing everything will have cleared any erroneous flags or pointers in the reader database
Old 03-05-2013, 12:38 AM   #4035
delf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Nord View Post

How can I clone PRS+ 2.0.18? on site I can see, only last revision 2.1.02alph