Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 02-12-2020, 05:37 PM   #226
dekani
dekani began at the beginning.

Device: Tea Inkpad 3
I have now a full strace log file if it can be useful (strace -o log.txt -f koreader.app), its size is ~40kb in gz format. (I have tried to analyze it but it contains too much information..)

Can I send it in a private message? (especially if this file contains personal/sensitive information about my device)
dekani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 06:01 PM   #227
dekani

If I launch your strace command in koreader applications folder:
strace -fitv -e trace=file ./reader.lua .

KOReader is sucessfully launched (file browser is displayed) and if I select an epub file an error message is displayed : 'no render engine is available or file is invalid'
Advert
Old 02-12-2020, 06:48 PM   #228
dekani

I don't know if it can help, but here is the segfault from first strace log file:
Code:
1607  open("common/ssl/core.lua", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
1607  open("rocks/share/lua/5.1/ssl/core.lua", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
1607  open("frontend/ssl/core.lua", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
1607  open("./ssl/core.lua", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
1607  open("/usr/local/share/luajit-2.1.0-beta3/ssl/core.lua", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
1607  open("/usr/local/share/lua/5.1/ssl/core.lua", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
1607  open("/usr/local/share/lua/5.1/ssl/core/init.lua", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
1607  open("common/ssl/core.so", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
1607  open("common/ssl/core.dll", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
1607  open("/usr/lib/lua/ssl/core.so", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
1607  open("rocks/lib/lua/5.1/ssl/core.so", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
1607  open("./ssl/core.so", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
1607  open("/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/ssl/core.so", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
1607  open("/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/loadall.so", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE <unfinished ...>
1607  open("/usr/local/ssl/openssl.cnf", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
1607  futex(0xa63e8644, FUTEX_WAKE_PRIVATE, 2147483647) = 0
1607  --- SIGSEGV (Segmentation fault) @ 0 (0) ---
1607  statfs("/dev/shm", {f_type=0x1021994, f_bsize=4096, f_blocks=127514, f_bfree=127512, f_bavail=127510, f_files=0, f_ffree=4096, f_fsid={0, 0}, f_namelen=0, f_frsize=0}) = 0
1607  futex(0xa6b6c1ac, FUTEX_WAKE_PRIVATE, 2147483647) = 0
1607  gettimeofday({1581546021, 283282}, NULL) = 0
1607  lstat64("/dev/shm/sem.0VRo9s", 0xaeb30fb8) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
1607  open("/dev/shm/sem.0VRo9s", O_RDWR|O_CREAT|O_EXCL, 017777777757) = 8
1607  write(8, "\1\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0", 16) = 16
1607  mmap2(NULL, 16, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_SHARED, 8, 0) = 0xa6f8c000
1607  link("/dev/shm/sem.0VRo9s", "/dev/shm/sem.LAUS_1607_Crash") = 0
1607  fstat64(8, {st_mode=S_IFREG|S_ISVTX|0757, st_size=16, ...}) = 0
1607  unlink("/dev/shm/sem.0VRo9s")     = 0
1607  close(8)                          = 0
1607  munmap(0xa6f8c000, 16)            = 0
1607  unlink("/dev/shm/sem.LAUS_1607_Crash") = 0
1607  write(1, "Process has been terminated by s"..., 61) = 61
1607  rt_sigreturn(0x3d)                = 0
1607  --- SIGSEGV (Segmentation fault) @ 0 (0) ---
1608  +++ killed by SIGSEGV +++
1611  +++ killed by SIGSEGV +++
1601  <... wait4 resumed> [{WIFSIGNALED(s) && WTERMSIG(s) == SIGSEGV}], 0, NULL) = 1607
1601  --- SIGCHLD (Child exited) @ 0 (0) ---
1601  write(2, "Segmentation fault\n", 19) = 19
Old 02-13-2020, 12:39 AM   #229
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yep, if you can upload it somewhere, I'd be happy to take a look at the full log (we unfortunately can't attach files to PMs :/).

You could also attach it to a new issue on GitHub, that'd work, too .

----

The fact that it doesn't crash when tracing is, err, weird and/or interesting .

I'm not familiar with how stuff is setup on PB, but does the same thing happen when running it manually *without* strace? (i.e., ./reader.lua .).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 01:21 AM   #230
dekani

Yes, it works but only because sub dependencies/libraries aren't loaded. (I haven't see it in strace content and it explains error message)
If I add koreader libs subfolder (and only this one, export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/mnt/ext1/applications/koreader/libs/) before calling ./reader.lua, same segfault occurs.
I will create a GitHub ticket and add log file.
Advert
Old 02-13-2020, 11:29 AM   #231
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yep, makes sense. I was under the mistaken impression that we'd stopped doing that (tweaking LD_LIBRARY_PATH) since the move to sane-ish rpaths all around, but, nope .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 09:37 AM   #232
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
I've just installed the latest nightly v2020.02-11-g5724884_2020-02-18 on both my Touch HD 3 and my InkPad 3 and it seems to be working fine.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 11:19 AM   #233
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Yeah. A big thank you to @dekani for the bug report and continuous feedback. And of course to @NiLuJe for his awesome job, including a new - modern - toolchain for PB users instead of the old obrey one.

The bug, described in https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/5861, is still affecting 2020.02 release but new nightlies work as intended.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 04:11 PM   #234
IanSims
IanSims doesn't litterIanSims doesn't litterIanSims doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Mini; Android
Hi,
I was wondering if it was possible to increase the number of entries in the font pull down menu to 10 fonts instead of 5. If someone could point me in the direction of the LUA file that this is in I would be happy.

As follows:

The menu before is deeper and would like to change the previous menu to this number of entries.

Thanks.
IDS.
IanSims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 05:03 PM   #235
IanSims

UPDATED IMAGES

I was wondering if it was possible to increase the number of entries in the font pull down menu to 10 fonts instead of 5. If someone could point me in the direction of the LUA file that this is in I would be happy.

As follows:

The menu before is deeper and would like to change the previous menu to this number of entries.

Thanks.
IDS.
Old 06-15-2020, 06:00 PM   #236
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanSims View Post
UPDATED IMAGES

Thanks.
IDS.
It is indeed possible and pretty easy. Just see https://github.com/koreader/koreader....lua#L313-L315

As you can read in the comment it was a deliberated decission. But you're free to change it, of course. Just remember to change it again after each update.
Old 06-15-2020, 06:04 PM   #237
pazos
cosiñeiro

BTW, 30 pages * 5 fonts are 150 fonts!!. Are all of them sideloaded or part of them came with your Pocketbook and you don't use them?.

In other platforms we have a checkbox to enable/disable system fonts. Mainly because android and desktop OSes have a lot of Noto variants most people don't need and make lurking in "good" fonts harder.
Old 06-16-2020, 07:46 AM   #238
IanSims

Thank you for the quick reply. I did have a look through the code using search but didn't find that.

Have a nice day
IDS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
It is indeed possible and pretty easy. Just see https://github.com/koreader/koreader....lua#L313-L315

As you can read in the comment it was a deliberated decission. But you're free to change it, of course. Just remember to change it again after each update.
Old 06-16-2020, 07:51 AM   #239
IanSims

A while back I sideloaded a load of e-ink fonts but yesterday I did cull of the ones I don't use but I like to have different choices available. I have some fonts which were designed to have the feel of old printed items from 19th C books.

I tend to hardcode my favourite base font in either the CSS or the start up file and then choose a differing one for italics. Plus I sometimes through tweaks change the H1 to display with 'fancy' fonts.

Have a nice day
IDS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
BTW, 30 pages * 5 fonts are 150 fonts!!. Are all of them sideloaded or part of them came with your Pocketbook and you don't use them?.

In other platforms we have a checkbox to enable/disable system fonts. Mainly because android and desktop OSes have a lot of Noto variants most people don't need and make lurking in "good" fonts harder.
Old 06-16-2020, 01:41 PM   #240
IanSims

On my system when first installed it only picks up the fonts installed in the koreader font directory. None of the system fonts were picked up.

One bug that keeps occurring is when I try to open a book through the Koreader file manager the ereader freezes and has to be reset every time. I've stopped using that method completely. Koreader is my favourite reading app but there are definitely memory issues when changing settings also.

Best, IDS.

In other platforms we have a checkbox to enable/disable system fonts. Mainly because android and desktop OSes have a lot of Noto variants most people don't need and make lurking in "good" fonts harder.[/QUOTE]

Tags
calibre, epub, koreader, pb742, pdf, pocketbook