Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 08-31-2020, 11:10 AM   #1
LittleBiG
Zealot
LittleBiG began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, K4NT, Kobo Mini
Frontlight is not refreshed in status bar (PW1)

I use the tap corner gesture to turn frontlight on and off. When the state is off, and I turn the frontlight on this way, the status bar is refreshed correctly, showing the level of the frontlight. But the next tap, when I switch it off again, doesn't end up in a status bar refresh, that is, the frontlight level remains a number instead of the label "Off" until the next page refresh.
(On Kindle Paperwhite 1 with the latest and last firmware.)
LittleBiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 11:52 AM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I don't rightly recall if that was ever supposed to work on Kindle, TBH.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 03:01 PM   #3
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Duh! i hate the frontlight code logic, it's a mess

Probably the solution in https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ment-683839476 work but I cannot (and don't want to) test
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 02:15 AM   #4
Winkelschraube
Connoisseur
Winkelschraube began at the beginning.

Device: The (orly) amazing Kindle Oasis 3
I can confirm this behavior with Kindle PW2.
Winkelschraube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 05:58 AM   #5
LittleBiG
Zealot
LittleBiG began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, K4NT, Kobo Mini
I am not sure when it became corrected and by whom, but thank you!
LittleBiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 05:40 PM   #6
yparitcher
Connoisseur
yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4 KT4 PW4 PW5
Your welcome, it was bothering me too so i fixed it in https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/6664
yparitcher is offline   Reply With Quote