Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-13-2010, 03:02 AM   #1
dkata
dkata began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
epub date error fails epubcheck 1.05

I used pages to convert a book to epub. It works and passes the epubcheck but I need to put a custom cover without borders (which Pages cant do)
So I open the epub file in Calibre, add a custom book cover image and export out to epub again. The custom cover works fine.
But when I do an epubcheck I get the error:

epub/content.opf:date value '2009-12-28T08:00:00+00:00' is not valid,
YYYY[-MM[-DD]] expected.

I can unzip the epub file and read the OPF file, but I don't know what to change the date to to correct the problem.

Any ideas?
dkata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:12 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkata View Post
But when I do an epubcheck I get the error:

epub/content.opf:date value '2009-12-28T08:00:00+00:00' is not valid,
YYYY[-MM[-DD]] expected.

I can unzip the epub file and read the OPF file, but I don't know what to change the date to to correct the problem.

Any ideas?
That is an error in the epub check software, see bug report here.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2010, 04:21 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
The calibre command line program 'epub-fix' will change an epub to work around various bugs in epubcheck. The command's help text is:
Code:
epub-fix
Usage: epub-fix.exe [options] file.epub

Fix common problems in EPUB files that can cause them to be rejected by poorly designed publishing services.

By default, no fixing is done and messages are printed out for each error detected. Use the options to control which errors are automatically fixed.

Whenever you pass arguments to epub-fix.exe that have spaces in them, enclose the arguments in quotation marks.

Options:
  --version             show program's version number and exit

-h, --help            show this help message and exit

--unmanifested        Fix unmanifested files. epub-fix can either add them
                        to the manifest or delete them as specified by the
                        delete unmanifested option.

--delete-unmanifested
                        Delete unmanifested files instead of adding them to
                        the manifest

--epubcheck           Workarounds for bugs in the latest release of
                        epubcheck. epubcheck reports many things as errors
                        that are not actually errors. epub-fix will try to
                        detect these and replace them with constructs that
                        epubcheck likes. This may cause significant changes to
                        your epub, complain to the epubcheck project.

Created by Kovid Goyal <kovid@kovidgoyal.net>
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote