Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 12-04-2010, 05:26 PM   #1
Meemo
Groupie
Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (1st & 2nd gen) & a Paperwhite
Blip Color - ??

Anyone seen any info on this?
https://www.bottomlinesecrets.com/bl...sid=D120410A1A
It says it reads "all Kindle and nook" books, sounds fishy to me...
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 08:56 PM   #2
ebookrights
Banned
ebookrights began at the beginning.

Device: none
You must have gotten the same email today that I did. I went to search for information about this eReader and the only thing I found was YOUR post.

Given the apparent lack of ANY history or reviews about this product, I would stay away from it. Look for eReaders that have some history - reviews, independent data sheets, etc.
ebookrights is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2010, 05:14 PM   #3
Meemo
Groupie
Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (1st & 2nd gen) & a Paperwhite
Oh I wouldn't buy it - I saw it mentioned on another forum and wondered about it saying it reads Kindle and nook books. The conclusion was that maybe it uses the Android Kindle and nook apps.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:43 PM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
They some erroneous info on their site. Just look at the comparison chart.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:03 PM   #5
Dreameagle
Dreameagle began at the beginning.

Device: Blip Ereader
I did order 2 of the blip e-reader and received them today by mail.. It took a while to get here.

My only real complaint is that the FM radio seems to be missing at this time. I cannot find it.. It is not showing under any or category. I called the Bottomline phone number from the invoice. They are sending me another one.. But since I received 2 of them I decided to try the other one. It also does not show the radio controls as stated online on the box and in the manual.. I have yet to figure this one out or find out how to use that function.

It does work pretty well. The sound could be louder from the speaker but the ear phones phone jack is plenty loud.

It does play avi's really well.

It doesn't work with folders very well if you are putting in folder of a certain authors work.. It doesn't know what to do with it. And it will show up in all the catagories but will only open in the category it is meant for.

ie: a folder of music will show up in the ebooks category. But will not open. But it will open under the music category. A folder called Terry Brooks will show up in music but till only open in ebooks.

But if you add individual files it works with them fine and puts them in the right categories only..

I did try several of the different ereader and music formats listed and they all worked just fine..

Connecting it to the computer is easy for adding files.. just copy and paste them in.

The recording function is very clear and records real well. Though you cannot change the name of the recording with the ereader but you can change it thru your computer.

Other than the missing radio function I am quite pleased with it.

I would be happy to answer any other questions anyone has about the blip.. For the price I don't think it is a bad buy.. It is a brand new product so I am just waiting to see what they do about the radio function...

Last edited by Dreameagle; 12-13-2010 at 08:15 PM. Reason: added a few extra thoughts
Dreameagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2010, 01:06 PM   #6
Blue Eyed Menace
Blue Eyed Menace began at the beginning.

Device: Blip ereader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreameagle View Post
I did order 2 of the blip e-reader and received them today by mail.. It took a while to get here.

My only real complaint is that the FM radio seems to be missing at this time. I cannot find it.. It is not showing under any or category. I called the Bottomline phone number from the invoice. They are sending me another one.. But since I received 2 of them I decided to try the other one. It also does not show the radio controls as stated online on the box and in the manual.. I have yet to figure this one out or find out how to use that function.

It does work pretty well. The sound could be louder from the speaker but the ear phones phone jack is plenty loud.

It does play avi's really well.

It doesn't work with folders very well if you are putting in folder of a certain authors work.. It doesn't know what to do with it. And it will show up in all the catagories but will only open in the category it is meant for.

ie: a folder of music will show up in the ebooks category. But will not open. But it will open under the music category. A folder called Terry Brooks will show up in music but till only open in ebooks.

But if you add individual files it works with them fine and puts them in the right categories only..

I did try several of the different ereader and music formats listed and they all worked just fine..

Connecting it to the computer is easy for adding files.. just copy and paste them in.

The recording function is very clear and records real well. Though you cannot change the name of the recording with the ereader but you can change it thru your computer.

Other than the missing radio function I am quite pleased with it.

I would be happy to answer any other questions anyone has about the blip.. For the price I don't think it is a bad buy.. It is a brand new product so I am just waiting to see what they do about the radio function...
I just received one as a gift however, I have not had the chance to set it up yet...Have you been able to DL books from Amazon? I'm really hoping so because there is tons of stuff, at the right price, that I would like to DL...
Blue Eyed Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 01:00 AM   #7
Dreameagle

I haven't tried downloading from amazon with it yet... I download alot of books from Project Gutenberg Lots of great free ebooks there.

I have used mobi, epub, pdf, and text formats so far and they all work...

I believe the amazon kindle uses the mobi so I would think they would work fine..

A hint of something I figured out.. If you like to try and keep your files more organized on the blip I started by adding a folder called books then I added my downloaded ebooks in there. I was also able to put other folders of collections of books or series into the books folder. That way I only have one folder that shows in the main pages.

Last edited by Dreameagle; 12-17-2010 at 01:08 AM.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:48 AM   #8
dynofan
dynofan began at the beginning.

Device: MID Android 1.6
Hate to be so 'dumb,' but I kinda like the BLIP ereader; but, how do I download ebooks to it? Though mentioned in the instructions, I couldn't find a radio either. If you go to their website, they're not set up for business yet; but the product is sold out.
dynofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 11:07 AM   #9
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
looking at this on ebay. The ebay blurb says good for 10+ hours of reading.
the Blip website says good for 7hours.

what is your experience?
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 12:53 PM   #10
Blue Eyed Menace
Blue Eyed Menace began at the beginning.

Device: Blip ereader
Actually, I'm returning mine today and i'm getting the Kindle instead...I was turned off by the fact they have a website that you can download e-books from, that's not even open yet, I feel the initial ad for this was misleading...I tried downloading a book from Amazon to it and it would not work when I called the customer service line "Juan" sounded clueless and told me all I needed to do was click and drag...gee...thanks chief, there's no way I would have thought of that...My wife called the other day to advise we were returning the Blip and it was hassle-free, no questions asked which is nice, but on the other hand, were they expecting this?...sending it back with delivery confirmation by the way...

For those who have one I hope all goes well, it seems things are going fine for Dreameagle and that's great, I just don't have the time or patience to deal with the Blip...
Blue Eyed Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 06:15 PM   #11
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreameagle View Post
I haven't tried downloading from amazon with it yet... I download alot of books from Project Gutenberg Lots of great free ebooks there.

I have used mobi, epub, pdf, and text formats so far and they all work...

I believe the amazon kindle uses the mobi so I would think they would work fine..

A hint of something I figured out.. If you like to try and keep your files more organized on the blip I started by adding a folder called books then I added my downloaded ebooks in there. I was also able to put other folders of collections of books or series into the books folder. That way I only have one folder that shows in the main pages.
Amazon uses unique DRM on their books that is not compatible with MOBI so non-DRM'd books will work but unfortunately Amazon locks the vast majority of their books. While we cannot discuss it here, there is a way to break the DRM on Amazon books in AZW format although not in TPZ format. See the wiki for details on these formats. Try a web search of DRM issues.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 12:24 PM   #12
dynofan

BLIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Eyed Menace View Post
Actually, I'm returning mine today and i'm getting the Kindle instead...I was turned off by the fact they have a website that you can download e-books from, that's not even open yet, I feel the initial ad for this was misleading...I tried downloading a book from Amazon to it and it would not work when I called the customer service line "Juan" sounded clueless and told me all I needed to do was click and drag...gee...thanks chief, there's no way I would have thought of that...My wife called the other day to advise we were returning the Blip and it was hassle-free, no questions asked which is nice, but on the other hand, were they expecting this?...sending it back with delivery confirmation by the way...

For those who have one I hope all goes well, it seems things are going fine for Dreameagle and that's great, I just don't have the time or patience to deal with the Blip...
I called Customer Service and they said a letter was coming out about the non-radio. Biggest help was downloading directions for Skytex. Had I known, I would have ordered one of those. Meanwhile, blasted Bottom Line for their lack of planning in pre-marketing. I'm going to email them and try and get ebooks of other publications; I would be happy with that, since I have purchased a lot of the BottomLine books.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:38 PM   #13
Dreameagle

I have only had luck with putting books downloaded first to my computer than copy pasting them the the blip

Other than the radio I am still quite happy with my blip.. But I do agree it was poor planning on bottom-lines part not to check things out more completely before releasing these for sale.

I did call about the Blip which at this time were sold out of they said they were getting a new shipment and that the problems would be fixed in the new shipment.. I am thinking about trying to send it back and get the new one to see if it works right...
Old 01-01-2011, 01:07 PM   #14
dynofan

Funny..... When I called them they said they were sending a letter regarding the missing radio. In looking around I found this model nearest to the Skytex product. I've always liked the BottomLine info and I'm tempted to ask them for some downloadable cd's to replace the radio.