Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-19-2010, 06:40 PM   #1
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo, Kindles 2/3/Keyboard/Fire/Fire HD, HDX.
GelaSkins - Quality?

If you had any reservations about ordering a GelaSkin for your Kobo because you weren't sure of the quality - let me assuage your fears:

They are quality stuff.

GelaSkin is using genuine 3M Controltac(tm) adhesive sheets. I am not familiar with the printing process involved, but the color/dyes used are beautiful. I ordered a "Starry Night" by Van Gogh for my Kobo. I knew ahead of time that I would NOT be using the GelaSkin for the back of the "textured" Kobo - but just wanted the front "frame."

In reality, my use of the GelaSkin is purely cosmetic. I would not be highly irritated if I was responsible for a minor scratch on the front frame of my Kobo. And my screen is protected with a Zagg Invisible Shield.

GelaSkin products are offered on the Kobo corporate "accessories" Web page. No, they are not offering ONLY the "front" piece for a Kobo - right now.

Clint Bradford
clintbradford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:21 AM   #2
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
I bought a GelaSkin for mine and I have it on the back (I keep worrying that my nails are going to dig into the soft backing) and find that it doesn't take away from the "quilted feel" at all. I think it actually improves my grip. It's smooth and I can still see all the little quilted bumps all over the back through the sticker.
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert