Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-28-2010, 02:59 PM   #1
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Low-Priced Mickey Spillane Books at Kobo

Hello Everyone:

For any Mickey Spillane fans, these books start at 19 cents! They are not stories but whole books!

http://www.kobobooks.com/search/sear...riceasc&g=both
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 03:01 PM   #2
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
Good find. Hey, I might buy Day of the Guns just for the cover picture!
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2010, 03:05 PM   #3
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

lol.

They also have a $1.00 coupon good for today only until midnight through the email newsletter. Don't know if this would work for everyone but the code is TabletU.

Last edited by NightBird; 01-28-2010 at 03:14 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:29 PM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by edbro View Post
Good find. Hey, I might buy Day of the Guns just for the cover picture!
I just bought "Day of the Guns," and there is no cover. Just words for the cover - no art at all.

Still, I'm going to buy about 10 more of these cheap ebooks by Spillane.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 05:00 PM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Of course, if one wants romance, one can always buy "Kiss Me Deadly." [*See Below]

But if you're like me, you want your gumshoe's fists tough and their 45s even tougher. You want their bullets to slam and to slam hard. Tough bullets for tough bad guys; and beautiful women - always beautiful women for the gumshoe. There's no cellulite in Spillane, my friends. Just lovers and fists, and flying bullets and plenty of blood.

Don

* This one is a free Romance from Kokobooks (ick! ):
Kiss Me Deadly
By Michele Hauf

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-28-2010 at 05:03 PM.
Advert
Old 01-28-2010, 07:33 PM   #6
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
Maybe I am missing something, but how do I buy more than one book at a time?
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:35 PM   #7
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Restricted geographically? Anybody know? DRM laden?

EDIT: Nevermind, that site is horrible. I got them someplace else without having to jump through hoops.

Last edited by Moejoe; 01-28-2010 at 07:54 PM.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:11 PM   #8
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Restricted geographically? Anybody know? DRM laden?

EDIT: Nevermind, that site is horrible. I got them someplace else without having to jump through hoops.

Where Moejoe? I'll pay more....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:15 PM   #9
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Where Moejoe? I'll pay more....
On the dark side of things, I'm afraid
Old 01-28-2010, 08:17 PM   #10
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
On the dark side of things, I'm afraid
Nevermind, available at fictionwise - encrypted....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:28 PM   #11
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Nevermind, available at fictionwise - encrypted....
I'm not buying a thing with DRM on it any more, and especially not when the author is dead...seems even worse somehow. In any case, I have all these in paperback (bought from second hand book shops and now in storage) and I even have a signed copy of I, the Jury too (cost, 25p)
Old 01-29-2010, 01:09 AM   #12
NightBird
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tselling View Post
You can only buy one book at a time for some reason.

If anyone else is interested, since Fictionwise lists geographic restrictions to US and Canada I am guessing it would be the same at Kobo. I sent them an email asking about this and if they have any plans to let us purchase more than one book at a time. I'll let you know when I hear from them.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:14 AM   #13
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
I too find the fact you can only buy one book at a time odd. When I saw the books, my idea was to buy about $5-6 worth and try the $1 off code.... but not able to do that since I would only buy 1 at a time.... so I just bought the first $.19 one.... a lost sale for Kobo.....
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 07:15 AM   #14
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tselling View Post

The method I had does NOT work.

Apologies to Bremen Cole - post below this one.

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-29-2010 at 07:18 AM.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:17 AM   #15
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
Just saw your post Doctor.... that is a odd way for them to do it....... I will try again sometime.... I of course, was looking for an "add to cart" option.....
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote