Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-21-2009, 01:35 PM   #31
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Better get plenty of batteries for the e-book that you might or might not have. Wouldn't want to get half way across the Atlantic and run out of power, now...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 01:36 PM   #32
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Better get plenty of batteries for the e-book that you might or might not have. Wouldn't want to get half way across the Atlantic and run out of power, now...
oh sheesh, good point ! especially since i'll probably need the lights in there, i bet it will be pretty dark... i'll probably need some kind of mini-generator.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2009, 05:56 PM   #33
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
I will maybe be there.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:54 PM   #34
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air

And this is the link for the Fireworks Internationals of Montreal It's been a while since I've seen it!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:54 AM   #35
Ziguezon
Ogg Vorbis
Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Can you please add two to your list of attendees? I will almost certainly be there. You should be able to recognize me easily enough... I'll be the one who does NOT have a liseuse in hand

This will, in fact, be the first time I ever lay eyes on any type of ebook reader. Can't wait!
Ziguezon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2009, 10:56 AM   #36
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Yay! So glad to meet another MR Montrealer with no liseuse!
(I have none either!)
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:46 AM   #37
Ziguezon
Ogg Vorbis
Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verencat View Post
Yay! So glad to meet another MR Montrealer with no liseuse!
(I have none either!)
I'm happy to know that I won't be the only one! We are somewhat neglected when it comes to availability in Quebec, but I have a feeling that this will change sooner rather than later. Competition and availability in the ebook reader world seem to be advancing rapidly these days.

I don't mind all that much really, as I still have a shelf full of pbooks that are waiting to be read. Once I've finished those, in a year or two, I will hopefully be able to choose from several fantastic next generation readers: Maybe a Canadian Kindle 3? or a Sony PRS 510, which in my geeky fantasies, will have most of the features of the 700, but with improved screen quality? Heck, maybe I'll even be able to buy a President's Choice brand reader down at the local Loblaws Supermarket for the very reasonable price of $189.99!

Ok, back to reality. I won't be totally empty handed at the meetup, however. I'll still have my silly little smart phone with the mobipocket reader installed. Although, it no longer appears to be functioning after the last software update.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:25 PM   #38
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Somehow our geekie fantasies are pretty much alike! (still giggling over the President's choice reader! )
Old 07-23-2009, 03:41 PM   #39
Ziguezon
Ogg Vorbis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verencat View Post
Somehow our geekie fantasies are pretty much alike! (still giggling over the President's choice reader! )
It does sound pretty far fetched, but you never know... In the US they're selling the Jetbook at Bed Bath and Beyond
Old 07-24-2009, 12:24 PM   #40
quickhand
Connoisseur
quickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheese

Device: Hanlin V3, Sony prs-505, Hanwang n516
I'm pretty sure I'll be able to make it. I'll bring all my liseuses
quickhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 12:25 PM   #41
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickhand View Post
I'm pretty sure I'll be able to make it. I'll bring all my liseuses
photos please !!!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 02:43 PM   #42
Verencat
Wizard

Quickhand, I'm glad you'll be there!

Reservations are made (can be extended at will since it's a fairly big place), there are no restaurant provided wi-fi connection but I was told it may be possible to get hooked on the downtown free wi-fi service (gotta love Montréal)- I'll try to go there before the meet-up, to see if it works with my laptop.

I've edidted the first post of this thread with the list of attendees and can honestly say I'm psyched! This is going to be so much fun!

Z, do you need someone to come and pick you up at the airport?
Old 07-25-2009, 07:46 PM   #43
DanT
Connoisseur
DanT will become famous soon enoughDanT will become famous soon enoughDanT will become famous soon enoughDanT will become famous soon enoughDanT will become famous soon enoughDanT will become famous soon enoughDanT will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo
Hi, I think I can be there. Add me to the list
DanT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 09:14 PM   #44
Verencat
Wizard

Yay! You are added!
Old 08-01-2009, 11:34 AM   #45
Verencat
Wizard

Just want to remind you all that the meet-up is in one week!