Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-29-2009, 02:19 PM   #1
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Anticipation Worldcon, a Montréal Meet-up!

From Thursday, August 6th to Monday, August 10th, the 67th World Science Fiction Convention will be held in Montréal, and this definitely calls for a meet-up!

I thought it could be held at Pub St-Paul, a restaurant/bar in Montréal's Old Port that serves good food and mostly great alcohol and that is only a 15 minutes walk away from the Palais des Congrès, where the Worlcon will be held.

A social club was started a while ago on this subject, and some people already manifested their interest to be there this summer, so I hope a lot of people will show up!

We need to decide now what date would suit everyone, and if you have any suggestion, feel free to share!

Edit:
Attending list
Pshrynk +1
Yvanleterrible
Verencat (possibly +1)
Ziguezon +1
Quickhand
DanT

Maybe attending
Tompe
Captain Georges

Can't believe I started a meet-up thread!

Last edited by Verencat; 07-25-2009 at 09:13 PM.
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:20 PM   #2
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I'm there! I am suggesting Friday night about 6:00 as a starting place. I haven't yet looked at the schedule to see if anything interesting is happening, but I don't think the Hugos are that night.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2009, 03:48 PM   #3
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Friday is the Aurora Awards Banquet, the Hugos are Sunday.

Here's the link to the event planning of the convention.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:26 PM   #4
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, Rob is up for an Aurora, so if we stand any chance of getting him to come along, we should go for Thursday night. I'll e-mail him and see if he's game.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:38 PM   #5
Verencat
Wizard

Yikes, I think it would be easier for our Toronto friends to come over during the weekend... Saturday's the masquerade, were you planning to go? If so, what will you wear?

Anyway, either way is good for me, but please everyone, tell us when would be good for you!
Advert
Old 06-29-2009, 05:57 PM   #6
pshrynk

Well, Rob says the he is going to be doing meetings most of the time, so Saturday works fine for me, too. he said he'd show up whatever night we had it if he could, so let's do Saturday. (Since no one else seems all that interested in meeting me.)
Old 06-29-2009, 06:29 PM   #7
Verencat
Wizard

Awww, don't say that! My dad should come too, he'll come around to say it! And what about Neko, she said it was in driving distance! And Nick said it's a maybe too! And Ficbot said she could maybe come if it's during the weekend! And Fathermole said he might be there!

Woah, that's a lot of uncertainty...

But Zelda's coming! (I'm such a liar...)

I can meet you twice if it makes you feel better! Not that I want too, but hey, if it makes you smile!
Old 06-29-2009, 07:26 PM   #8
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
IIIIIIIII'll be there!

There'll be drinkin?

Prepare yourselves to be ashamed of me!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:54 AM   #9
pshrynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
IIIIIIIII'll be there!

There'll be drinkin?

Prepare yourselves to be ashamed of me!
Okay.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:39 AM   #10
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Ah

Have I ever told you that I love Montréal? Been a long time since I've last been there.

Summer is very hard for me to get away, though, as I tend to be quite busy around that time, what with all the tourists milling around here and every member of the normal working force being away in the South somewhere.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:34 PM   #11
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Okay.
Nah, joking! Mom taught me how to behave in crowds, and not lower my trousers in public . Life can be sooo boring at times!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:55 PM   #12
pshrynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
Nah, joking! Mom taught me how to behave in crowds, and not lower my trousers in public . Life can be sooo boring at times!
Dang.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:31 PM   #13
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
I will be there if it does not colllide with anything really essential (so Saturday is perfect since it is masquerade evening).

And if you are a member of Worldcon visit the Scandinavian party that probably will be on Thursday.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:01 AM   #14
pshrynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
I will be there if it does not colllide with anything really essential (so Saturday is perfect since it is masquerade evening).

And if you are a member of Worldcon visit the Scandinavian party that probably will be on Thursday.
Where is it? And will there be babblefish at the door?
Old 07-02-2009, 11:30 PM   #15
Verencat
Wizard

We will be happy to have you Tompe!
I live in Montréal, so feel free to ask if you need any information while you stay here!