Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-18-2015, 04:43 AM   #1
VSnow
VSnow began at the beginning.

Device: Several
Convert to PDF (yes! to PDF)

I want to convert a EPUB/MOBI to PDF (it is a text book - easier annotation and some printing - Kindle annotations not so great in my corporate environment) but am having difficulty finding a useful output format. I'd like to get it so that I can read it on my computer screen in roughly the original sizing ( 5.5 x 8.3 inches) with some decent sort of resolution.

Any advice appreciated.
VSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 08:31 AM   #2
WillAdams
Wizard
WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (300ppi), Samsung Galaxy Book 12
Formatting for such small sizes requires a bit of effort and care --- LaTeX allows one the most control, but requires a bit of effort. Excellent exemplar (w/ different page sizes) here:

http://people.umass.edu/klement/russell-imp.html
WillAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2015, 10:56 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I'm not sure what you are asking, under the PDF output section of the conversion dialog you can specify the exact paper size you like in inches or pts.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 02:10 AM   #4
VSnow
VSnow began at the beginning.

Device: Several
Thanks for the advice and prompt. I had been focusing on the Page Setup" dialogue screen and thought that I needed to create a new output profile. The comments pointed me at the "PDF Output" screen and now all sorted. Thanks for the tips.
VSnow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pdf conversion