Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-29-2012, 03:16 PM   #1
roycymru
Connoisseur
roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'

Device: Kobo Touch
Kobo Touch 2.1.5 wrong cover bug still

Hi. Is anyone still experiencing the Kobo Touch still displaying the wrong cover in Sleep/Power off mode (i.e. not the book you are actually reading but one you have may recently looked at). Can't define exactly when it happens but I thought this had been resolved?
roycymru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:18 PM   #2
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
This bug happened to books loaded on SD card. Is it happening to your reader for books on SD card or on reader memory.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2012, 05:22 PM   #3
ellman
ellman began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by roycymru View Post
Hi. Is anyone still experiencing the Kobo Touch still displaying the wrong cover in Sleep/Power off mode (i.e. not the book you are actually reading but one you have may recently looked at). Can't define exactly when it happens but I thought this had been resolved?
Yes, this still happens, and from books on main storage.
ellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:26 PM   #4
leezer3
Enthusiast
leezer3 began at the beginning.

Not seeing that here.
What firmware did you come from, and did you sideload?

Last edited by leezer3; 10-29-2012 at 07:29 PM.
leezer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:45 PM   #5
frddgls
Connoisseur
frddgls has never been to obedience school.frddgls has never been to obedience school.frddgls has never been to obedience school.frddgls has never been to obedience school.frddgls has never been to obedience school.frddgls has never been to obedience school.frddgls has never been to obedience school.frddgls has never been to obedience school.frddgls has never been to obedience school.frddgls has never been to obedience school.frddgls has never been to obedience school.

Device: Kobo Forma, iPad, Samsung Galaxy A20
It still happens. I don`t use an SD card. I do use sideloaded books. I have upgraded firmware each time it has been offered so my last firmware before 2.1.5 was 2.1.4
frddgls is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2012, 10:42 PM   #6
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Are you in Canada or someplace else?
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:39 AM   #7
frddgls
Connoisseur
frddgls has never been to obedience school.frddgls has never been to obedience school.frddgls has never been to obedience school.frddgls has never been to obedience school.frddgls has never been to obedience school.frddgls has never been to obedience school.frddgls has never been to obedience school.frddgls has never been to obedience school.frddgls has never been to obedience school.frddgls has never been to obedience school.frddgls has never been to obedience school.

Device: Kobo Forma, iPad, Samsung Galaxy A20
I`m in Canada.
frddgls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:27 AM   #8
leslie_ms
leslie_ms has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leslie_ms has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leslie_ms has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leslie_ms has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi, Kobo Touch, Kobo for Android
I still have that problem. It was the first thing I noticed when I upgraded.
leslie_ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:40 AM   #9
MisterBuggie
Enthusiast
MisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura H20 2nd edition
I'm thinking you may have the same problem as I did, some of my covers weren't loading at all, just getting the default "book title epub" screen. A reboot would make the cover for the book I was reading appear, but not for the next one. A factory reset fixed that.
I'm thinking the successive updates introduced a database error or something.

If you're using software like Calibre to manage your library, the factory reset is quite quick and painless. Reset it, it updates in one go, then you just have to transfer your library back across.
MisterBuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:36 AM   #10
echwel
Connoisseur
echwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Forma (sold), Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by roycymru View Post
Yes, I did yesterday. Read one chapter in a new book, wich I chose from one of the shelves, then switched the device off, and it displayed the cover of the next book in the carroussel (after finishing the last book it was for a short period the first book in the carroussel, just until I opened the book from the shelf).

It was a sideloaded book in main memory, I upgraded a few books back from firmware 2.0.0 to 2.1.5.
echwel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:58 AM   #11
roycymru
Connoisseur
roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmo View Post
This bug happened to books loaded on SD card. Is it happening to your reader for books on SD card or on reader memory.
Happening on books loaded into internal memory. Using verion 2.1.5. Live in UK.
roycymru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:49 AM   #12
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
No problems here. It shows the correct cover of whatever I'm currently reading.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:53 AM   #13
echwel
Connoisseur
echwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Forma (sold), Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Mtn.Man View Post
Oh, mostly it does here too. But just this one time I noted, at the first time I shut down the device while reading this specific book, that it showed the wrong one. After switching on, opening the book, putting the Touch in sleepmode and then switching it off again, it displayed the correct cover.
echwel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:42 PM   #14
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Mtn.Man View Post
idem here, though I essentially read side-loaded e-books convert from epub to epub and send to device via Calibre (I opened a kepub too and the right cover showed).

I hope this will soon fixed for you
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:33 PM   #15
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
I believe this can sometimes still happen if you open a "new" book (i.e. a book not currently in the #1 position on the carousel) and turn off the Kobo without going back to the homescreen. Kobo is aware of that.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote