Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 12-19-2011, 12:21 AM   #1
mjcassel
Nameless Being

Disable default cover page MOBI output?

Hello,

I am serving about 30 recipes to my Kindle Touch. However, when the MOBI file is created, it creates a dummy cover page that I have to tap through to reach the content.

Is there a simple way to stop Calibre from generating this default cover page? I would like the Kindle to go directly to the news headlines and not to the generic cover page.

Thank you!
Old 12-19-2011, 12:34 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Send your news files by USB instead of over the air.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2011, 12:21 AM   #3
mjcassel
Nameless Being

I am confused. This isn't DRM removal. I am asking to turn off the generic cover page that calibre generates with my self-made recipes for my local news RSS feeds. That is, Calibre makes that cover page with the picture of books for all of my recipes, and I do not want it. Is there a way to automatically remove these or not generate them?

Thanks!
Old 12-22-2011, 12:41 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you send your files by USB you will not have to tap through the cover page. The Kindle will automatically open at the first article.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote