Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 04-09-2011, 09:23 PM   #1
Lindley
Lindley began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 650
Sony PRS 650 questions

As a first intro, let me say I am a new eReader person and was directed to this site.

I'm looking at using "manybooks.net" but when I look at their site for "help", it outlines formats for PRS 505, PRS 600 and PRS 700.

Into which category does my little 650 fit??.

And is there a general place to go to add this to my reader library. The instruction book loaded on the 650 is a bit vague on the subject.

Many thanks all. Lindley
Lindley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:30 PM   #2
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
The PRS-650 will read the same formats as the other Sony readers (with the exception of .lrx, which I doubt can be found anywhere these days). So download books from manybooks.net, you will be fine. You will probably want to download the .epub versions of the books they offer.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2011, 09:32 PM   #3
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindley View Post
And is there a general place to go to add this to my reader library. The instruction book loaded on the 650 is a bit vague on the subject.

Many thanks all. Lindley
I'm sorry but I don't quite understand the question, what is it that you would like to add to your reader library? The books? You can use Calibre to organize and transfer your books, for free:

http://calibre-ebook.com/

you can also use it to convert books in certain formats into formats that your new Sony reader can read.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:29 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Lindley and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 04:14 AM   #5
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to Mobileread ….

Pop into the Sony Forum for the latest in tricks and tips ...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
manybooks, newbie, sony 650