Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-04-2007, 06:37 AM   #16
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, Sony PRS350, iPad 64GB
why another topic for the same thing?
athlonkmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 07:18 AM   #17
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by flubu View Post
Are they new or refurbs?
I think they are new, but if not get the 2 yr accident warranty and it won't matter.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 07:20 AM   #18
flubu
master of my own domain
flubu began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
it does when you're not in the US
flubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 07:32 AM   #19
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It's got to be a mistake - they must be selling at a huge loss at that price. Can't be real, surely?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 07:34 AM   #20
flubu
master of my own domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It's got to be a mistake - they must be selling at a huge loss at that price. Can't be real, surely?
mistake or not, if they're new, I'm buying one!
Old 07-04-2007, 07:53 AM   #21
Martijn
Connoisseur
Martijn has learned how to read e-booksMartijn has learned how to read e-booksMartijn has learned how to read e-booksMartijn has learned how to read e-booksMartijn has learned how to read e-booksMartijn has learned how to read e-booksMartijn has learned how to read e-books

Device: iLiad
I tried ordering one, but when I filled everything in and try to submit it I get the message "One of the products could not be added to your cart..."

The website gives no reason why the order cannot be completed.
Though I suspect that it cannot handle my (dutch) zip code.
(On the other hand it does allow me to select Paypal as a payment method.)

EDIT:
Oops, I just figured out that you need to ring them to place an international order.
I just got confused because they allowed me to enter an international shipping address and even calculated the shipping costs.
It's probably my fault for not understanding that "One of the products could not be added to your cart..." means the same as "Sorry, we do not accept international orders via our website".

Last edited by Martijn; 07-04-2007 at 08:02 AM.
Martijn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:02 AM   #22
Mitchll
Cave Dweller
Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Ipad Sony reader prs-505 prs-900
I just put through an order with no problem. Took the two year accident coverage for a total of $126.
Mitch
Mitchll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:03 AM   #23
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
This one got posted to the frontpage since we thought it was worth the attention
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:05 AM   #24
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This seems like a good way also for international folks who cannot order directly through Sony Style. Like I said before, I called them, and it works for international shipments as long as you wire them the money first ($25 processing fee + standard wiring costs).
Old 07-04-2007, 08:07 AM   #25
flubu
master of my own domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
This seems like a good way also for international folks who cannot order directly through Sony Style. Like I said before, I called them, and it works for international shipments as long as you wire them the money first ($25 processing fee + standard wiring costs).
but what's the trap then??? generally, if an offer is too good to be true, it generally is...
Old 07-04-2007, 08:07 AM   #26
MacBeezle
Zealot
MacBeezle began at the beginning.

Device: Apple iPhone 4, Apple iPad, Sony Reader PRS-500U2. Soon: Kindle 4
Damn!

I just got my Reader from bhphotovideo

MacBeezle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:19 AM   #27
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by flubu View Post
but what's the trap then??? generally, if an offer is too good to be true, it generally is...
Biggest trap is that this was an error and that Tigerdirect.com will invalid the purchase. A risk most people are willing to take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBeezle View Post
Damn! I just got my Reader from bhphotovideo
Get a second as a gift for someone close to you
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:26 AM   #28
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Has anyone else purchased via PayPal? My order is still pending...

Quote:
Order Status: Reg Order Process - PayPal payment verification is pending. Your order will be processed shortly.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:37 AM   #29
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
"Wiring" money rings alarm bells with me, I'm afraid. I hope this is a legit deal.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:40 AM   #30
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Tigerdirect is a huge Online computer-product retailer. I wouldn't worry about fraud.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote