Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-30-2013, 03:32 AM   #1
alinachao
alinachao considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.alinachao considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.alinachao considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.alinachao considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.alinachao considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.alinachao considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.alinachao considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.alinachao considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.alinachao considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.alinachao considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.alinachao considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: iPad 2
Is this the back of iPad 5?

So many rumors about the next iPad. Now the leaked photo showed the back plate of iPad 5. How do you think of it? Will this be true?
alinachao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:28 AM   #2
Ti-Ron
Connoisseur
Ti-Ron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ti-Ron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ti-Ron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ti-Ron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ti-Ron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ti-Ron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ti-Ron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ti-Ron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ti-Ron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ti-Ron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ti-Ron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, iPad
Can I say it's pretty ridiculus to rave about the back of a electronic device?
Ti-Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:49 AM   #3
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ti-Ron View Post
And they're serious... better go back to basics...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:18 PM   #4
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
I'm not clear on why they think this is the back of iPad5, wouldn't iPad4 be the logical conclusion?
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:22 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
I'm not clear on why they think this is the back of iPad5, wouldn't iPad4 be the logical conclusion?
There already is an iPad 4. You know, the one that screwed iPad 3 owners with a twice as fast processor.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:25 PM   #6
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
There already is an iPad 4. You know, the one that screwed iPad 3 owners with a twice as fast processor.
Sigh.
Excactly how were they 'screwed'?
Did their devices suddenly run slower?
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:28 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
Sigh.
Excactly how were they 'screwed'?
Did their devices suddenly run slower?
They were screwed because if they had know, they would have waited and bought the better one that was released not that long after the iPad 3 and less then the yearly update pattern.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:41 PM   #8
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
They were screwed because if they had know, they would have waited and bought the better one that was released not that long after the iPad 3 and less then the yearly update pattern.
Nope. I got my 3 in April, and I really didn't care when the processor speed went up. It's getting to the point that there isn't that much software that the average user would use that would really take advantage of the speed.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:44 PM   #9
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
8 months == not long?
And personally no, you are wrong.
If the option was being able to use a device for 8 months, or waiting to get basically the same device with a faster CPU, I would have got the iPad 3.
You are just looking for things to complain about Apple and/or Amazon, as usual.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:19 PM   #10
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I didn't mean to get the thread down this path. I really didn't realize that the fourth generation was already released. I guess I was expecting the same kind of intense discussions that happened with the iPad3, but I suppose that was because of the sudden change in resolution, and the whole iPad3 which is not called iPad3 but iPad Retina thing.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:22 AM   #11
alinachao
alinachao considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.alinachao considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.alinachao considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.alinachao considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.alinachao considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.alinachao considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.alinachao considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.alinachao considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.alinachao considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.alinachao considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.alinachao considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ti-Ron View Post
Just shared the latest news about the next iPad.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:23 AM   #12
alinachao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
Well, rumor is rumor. Maybe it was fake.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:00 AM   #13
Sil_liS
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinachao View Post
Well, rumor is rumor. Maybe it was fake.
No, it was my mistake. I didn't notice that the iPad4 is already out there, so I thought that it was going to be the next one in line.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:40 AM   #14
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
This is nonsense. I bought my iPad 3 because of its specs, not in anticipation of what the next model would or wouldn't do. The release of the iPad 4 did not change the capabilities of my iPad 3. Have I been "screwed" if I buy a car, and the manufacturer releases a new model 8 months later?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:59 AM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
This is nonsense. I bought my iPad 3 because of its specs, not in anticipation of what the next model would or wouldn't do. The release of the iPad 4 did not change the capabilities of my iPad 3. Have I been "screwed" if I buy a car, and the manufacturer releases a new model 8 months later?
But you do know the when car manufacturers release a new model. You used to know with Apple.