Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 01-19-2013, 02:22 PM   #1
DesmondD
DesmondD began at the beginning.

Device: ipod touch
textedit and images.

Hi , I'm new here and this is my first question - hopefully in the right section
I have a few ebooks on my ipod touch but generally don't read ebooks - but do want to publish one .
I have a mac laptop and tried a few tests with textedit which does give the option to save as a .doc file [ I have been advised to get microsoft Word onto my pc and use that rather ] .
My book would involve a lot of images [ photography related ] and I can insert or attach an image in textedit but then it will only allow the option of saving as "rich text with attachments" which is a .rtfd file.
At the moment my head is still spinning with all the advice I received on the local photography forum and I was directed here by one of the members.

So I suppose my main question will be what software to write the book with if I use a Mac [ without getting too complicated ] or do I just work on my pc and get Word ?
Thanks in advance - Desmond.
DesmondD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:08 AM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Try using Sigil.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:38 AM   #3
DesmondD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Try using Sigil.

Dale
Thanks - I just ordered Word which should be here in a few days - I'll look up that program too
Old 01-20-2013, 02:40 AM   #4
DesmondD

Just thought about it again - I downloaded Sigil this morning while looking up various programs and it didn't install properly so I gave up on it [ for now ]