Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-11-2012, 07:00 AM   #61
datostar
Enthusiast
datostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mack View Post
Hi David - that is interesting - i haven't even thought about trying it on my KT on 2.1.4. I figured it is the Glo, but its sounding like a 2.1.4 issue.
I.m certain it's a 2.1.4 issue. I've had my KT almost a year now and have always stored Kepubs in main memory and ePubs on the card with no problems. Since update to 2.1.4 last week (via Kobo Desktop therefore 'official') part-read ePubs will not resume from sleep. The last page read appears on resume but pages will not turn. I'm having to tap about 6 times then the dreaded reboot occurs followed by 'Processing Content' to 6% after which the home screen appears then eventually I can read the book a bit more. There seems to be no way of avoiding this behaviour. I wonder if this deserves a separate thread as it is rather serious.
datostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:44 AM   #62
fedcod
fedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Pocketbook 623
Yesterday I rooted my glo and telnet on it. Then I kill and relaunch nickel (the main app) to have the app messages on the stdout and make the crash happen to see the logs. I paste them here : https://getsatisfaction.com/kobo/top...boots_randomly
I don't know if it will be usefull to the devs !

I do like the 'OH THE HUMANITY!' before crash

Last edited by fedcod; 10-11-2012 at 08:11 AM.
fedcod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:26 AM   #63
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by datostar View Post
I.m certain it's a 2.1.4 issue. I've had my KT almost a year now and have always stored Kepubs in main memory and ePubs on the card with no problems. Since update to 2.1.4 last week (via Kobo Desktop therefore 'official') part-read ePubs will not resume from sleep. The last page read appears on resume but pages will not turn. I'm having to tap about 6 times then the dreaded reboot occurs followed by 'Processing Content' to 6% after which the home screen appears then eventually I can read the book a bit more. There seems to be no way of avoiding this behaviour. I wonder if this deserves a separate thread as it is rather serious.
It is definitely a 2.1.4 problem. I can reproduce this anytime by reading an ePub on the SD card, putting the Touch to sleep, waking it and the tapping the screen to reboot. "Works" every time. But, reading an ePub in the main memory works perfectly.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:34 AM   #64
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Looks like there may be a fix out. Testing it right now. Special thanks to fedcod for his crash report, as that seems to have provided the missing link for the Developers. Hopefully those who had the issue will be given an oppurtunity to test drive the fix.

the person who provided me with the oppurtunity to test drive it is "mdclements" and I am hopping he will be able to provide those in this thread with a chance as well. So far so good no reboot! :P fingers crossed. Good luck guys lets hope this is the push we need! A very positive result here for this thread and also a very favourable result for great public relations for Kobo where direct concerns are dealt with!

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:40 AM   #65
Big Mack
Enthusiast
Big Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of light

Device: iPod Touch 4; iPhone 4; Kobo Touch; Kobo Glo
Thanks Jack and mdclements! Let us know how it goes - if it works, it certainly was produced quicker than i had expected. hopefully they'll push it out PDQ.
Big Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:41 AM   #66
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thumbs up Thanks to The Kobo Developers who are on top of this.

Just wanted to thank the Kobo Development team who are on top of this issue. And Specifically wanted to thank "mdclements" for his efforts...

regards

JAck
Old 10-11-2012, 08:47 AM   #67
Big Mack
Enthusiast
Big Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of light

Device: iPod Touch 4; iPhone 4; Kobo Touch; Kobo Glo
fedcod - great work - i wish i could do stuff like that! certainly helps the developers isolate issues and get a solution out quickly!
Big Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:22 AM   #68
mdclements
Kobo Developer
mdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single book

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedcod View Post
Yesterday I rooted my glo and telnet on it. Then I kill and relaunch nickel (the main app) to have the app messages on the stdout and make the crash happen to see the logs. I paste them here : https://getsatisfaction.com/kobo/top...boots_randomly
I don't know if it will be usefull to the devs !

I do like the 'OH THE HUMANITY!' before crash
This was very helpful. Thanks for posting this.
mdclements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:33 AM   #69
fedcod
fedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of light

You're welcome, if you will I can test beta firmware and try to reproduce the bug, and if it happens, capture the logs as I did before !

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdclements View Post
This was very helpful. Thanks for posting this.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:13 PM   #70
datostar
Enthusiast
datostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch
For what it's worth, I've found that returning to the home page from the part-read ePub on the SD card before sending the KT to sleep works around the problem to a degree. The book can be selected from the home page, opens up on the last page read and page turns work properly with no re-booting. Not ideal, but better than waiting for the unwanted reboot! Pleased to see Kobo are on the job now.
datostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:33 PM   #71
jackastor
Wizard

Testing a second build now guys. fingers crossed.

REgards

Jack
Old 10-11-2012, 05:03 PM   #72
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
Testing a second build now guys. fingers crossed.

REgards

Jack
Thanks for keeping us posted
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:06 PM   #73
jackastor
Wizard

So far no reboots...

So far this second build they supplied seems to be stable. I really wont know till I get a chance to run it for a long period of time... but for the last 2 hours give or take no reboots. Seems to be stable.. Lets hope!!!

regards

JAck
Old 10-12-2012, 01:28 AM   #74
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
fingers crossed here too, without that bug, my Glo would be so nice !
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:45 AM   #75
fedcod

Also testing a new firmware, thanks mdclements, and I must say so far so good !! will test it further this weekend.