Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-12-2012, 02:19 PM   #1
l80magpie
l80magpie began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Question extremely basic question

maybe so basic i can't find it anywhere.

i have a first-generation nook. there is a kindle book i want to purchase and read on it. i'm looking forward to using calibre to accomplish that.

the destination options for the kindle book are a registered kindle or kindle cloud.

how do i get the kindle ebook onto my computer so i can convert it and pick it up with my nook?

many thanks in advance
l80magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:27 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by l80magpie View Post
maybe so basic i can't find it anywhere.

i have a first-generation nook. there is a kindle book i want to purchase and read on it. i'm looking forward to using calibre to accomplish that.

the destination options for the kindle book are a registered kindle or kindle cloud.

how do i get the kindle ebook onto my computer so i can convert it and pick it up with my nook?

many thanks in advance
You need Kindle4PC (get that at Amazon)

Since you don't have a 'registered' (non-registered ) Kindle, the cloud is your choice. then K4PC can get the book

THEN

you will need to liberate your book (MR rules prohibit instruction on this) so you can read it on your Nook. Apprentice Alf has a blog
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert